Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by spark plug

Member Name: spark plug
Email: joenapa@mchsi.com
Cruise Date: August 2006
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

This was our first cruise. I read all the reviews I could before and wasn't sure what to expect. Here is my review from someone who lives in Iowa and wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth!

The ship has to be the biggest thing i've ever seen. Three football fields long and 7 or 8 stories high out of the water. We flew in to Tampa saturday morning, we had a room at Wyndam Westshore. I had read a lot of bad reviews about it before, but as far as I saw it was pretty nice, very old, they need new carpet but I'd stay there the next time. It was a 7 out of 10. They picked us up at the airport and took us back the next day that was a good deal.

We left Tampa 8-6-6. The ship was perfect not at all too loud or overdone like the silver spooners said.

We went to Stingray City. I might add the city tour to this next time but it was the greatest. Make sure you take along 30 or 40 dollars at every port, you'll need it for cab fare, tips, etc...

The next day was Cozmel, ready carefully (DO YOUR BUYING HERE) a review said wait till Costa Maya 'cause it cheaper, that's crap. When you get off the ship get a cab. Tell them you want to go to the FORMS SHOPS it's a 6 dollar cab ride. DON'T WALK BACK. We did, I figured it's about 5 miles.

Belize was the next day. Very Very poor country. Did the cave tubing. We were told during the busy season the run five thousand people a week done that river, That's about $400,000 a week, don't know where the money goes but it's not in the road department. We loved this cave tubing so much we're taking our kids back to do it again.

Finally, Costa Maya it's a rat hole that needs dropped from the list of stops. Don't go shopping, do something else!!!

The food in the dining room isn't normal. It's way too fancy. I told my wife if they could cook better they wouldn't have to try and make it look so pretty. It's not the cook's fault it's some guy named George Blonck or something like that. The ship makes 10,000 meals a day!!!!!!! That's something. The pizza is a 8 out of 10. The hot dogs, hamburgers and fries are also good. Maybe that's what I'm used-to.

The shows are great .Except the fake hypnotist, they should throw him over the side!

Overall I'd give cruising a 10 out of 10. we're going again. Ask me anything I'll answer all questions.

Publication Date: 09/25/06