Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Kat

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Seven days, eight nights trip to the Western Caribbean. Having traveled before with Royal Caribbean on a three-night cruise when I was younger, I was tainted with ideas of small, cramped rooms with no concept of time (due to the lack of window). With a great ocean view window and balcony this trip, we started off on the right foot and everything exceeded my expectations with Carnival.

The food was superb; the wait staff was patient and attentive, bringing up to seven main entrees at a time to our table (we were hungry folks and very eager to try all the different foods)! Lucas was our main waiter and by the end of the week, he knew what drinks we wanted and how many dinner rolls we wanted--- it was just one of the small things to show that he remembered and paid attention to what we were eating.

The cabin stewards were just as attentive, cleaning our rooms twice a day, replenishing it with towels and even folding my clothes! Prawech was our steward; I constantly saw him and his staff cleaning in the hallways. There was not one time that I walked by that I did NOT see someone cleaning! I also saw a turkey, seal and monkey towel animals (they have a towel demonstration in the Amber Palace, to show you how they make it as well, so keep your eyes peeled for it if you like the critters as much as I did!) It made me wonder when these fellas actually sleep and eat.

As for the ports of call themselves, I think that water-orientated, active individuals will have a great time in Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel and the Bahamas. For me, the highlight of the trip was cave tubing in Belize. Cavetubing.com was DEFINITELY the way to go!! These gentlemen were great tour guides, taking extra time to reassure us that it was safe and answering all of our questions. Furthermore, they had one guide to every four or five people (like per group) so you didnt have to venture off on your own in the caves or be stuck in a long chain of tubes! Although Yhonni owns the operation, the company representative was Keith. Our personal guide through the caves was Lionel and I thought he was superb! He was very informative and kept pointing out certain structures in the caves and made me feel very at ease. The trip would not have been the same without the cave tubingthere were kids and older folks in our big group as well, so I think that it would be enjoyable for all age groups. Also for people scared of the water/caves or cant swim--- dont worry, we had a non-swimmer in our group and everything went smoothly. The guys give you more personal attention because of it and make sure that you are taken care of! The food at the restaurant that we were taken to, afterward, was great as wellstewed chicken with rice and beans, along with coleslaw. And a glass of limeade. Was the authentic local food, in my opinion, and I couldve eaten two plates of it!! So go book at cavetubing.com if you are going to Belize!!!

Internet is expensive, as expectedseventy-five cents a minute! But look in your daily Carnival Capers for special deals on utilizing the Internet. You should read it daily anyway since it has good information about what the taste of the day is (for the lunch buffet), activities going on (basketball tournaments, bingo, spa specials), etc.

I honestly can say that I had no real gripes about the trip on a whole. The staff at Carnival really works hard to make sure that youre happyfrom the food to the rooms to the activities. Because of this trip, my faith in cruises has been restored and I cant wait to see when I will take the next one!

Publication Date: 09/02/06