Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Simon L: Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Simon L
0 Post

Family & Children 5.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: July 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We cruise every year  I think this is our tenth, so Ill mainly focus on what was better or worse than our expectations. Cruising is a great family vacation. On this trip with my wife and me were our three children (daughters 18 and 5, son 16), nephew (17), daughters boyfriend (18, separate cabin!), good friend of ours and her son (15). We had a great time.

Leaving from Bayonne, NJ was very convenient since we live 30 minutes away. The ship was in good shape  wed sailed on Explorer of the Seas some years before.

Food  This was better than our last Royal Caribbean cruise two years ago. I think they had let the standard drop, and after enjoying great dining with Celebrity last year we were expecting to be disappointed. But the standard in the dining room was consistently good, not just on the first night. The Windjammer is always good but we particularly enjoyed it this time. Plenty of variety. The Japanese corner for early dinner (6pm) was a nice new touch. More

Entertainment  This was OK. The best was a comedian on the first night who impersonated Elvis, You know who I am&Michael Jacksons father-in-law. At one point he leapt off the stage to confront a less than enthusiastic and startled audience member.

Gym  Given how many people use this to offset the multiple meals, I think the equipment could be in better shape. Of three stationary bicycles, two were inoperable the entire trip. Some of the weights were loose as well. My wife was frustrated because they had no step classes, and the aerobics was cancelled because the instructor was injured! Needs a management overhaul.

The spa by contrast was very good  try a hot stone massage!

Excursions  All good. Snorkeling in St. Thomas seeing the snapping turtles was a first.

Teen Disco (15-17) was a big hit with our son. Our daughter really enjoyed the 3-5 year old program too. They do a great job with the kids, especially the young ones. Never fail to make sure theyre having a good time.

My wife and I enjoyed the '70s disco one night. The Royal Caribbean Village People showed up. Very funny.

Anyway, we had a great time as usual. Feel free to contact me with questions. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>