“Carnival Victory - Canada/New England”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

daisie Carnival Victory 5 Carnival Victory - Canada/New England
daisie
Member Since 2006
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I sailed on 7/20/06 to Canada. Previously, we traveled on RCCL and CCL. Our overall experience on this trip was excellent!!!! When we booked, I was informed we couldn't board until 2:00 pm. To our surprise, we arrived at the pier around 1:00 and we were on board the ship at 1:20. The process was extremely quick and the service was great. When we boarded, everyone was very helpful. Our cabin which had a balcony was clean, clean, clean. Our cabin steward was wonderful. I mentioned to him at our first meeting that I love the towel animals. He made sure he had a surprise for me every evening. (Even a towel monkey hanging from the ceiling)! Our in-cabin drinks (soda) were always replenished daily.

We had the 8:30 sitting for dinner in the Atlantic dining room. Our waiter Milton was the best waiter we ever had on a cruise. He always welcomed us nightly and asked us how our day was. If we had a request for another dinner, he got it. The food was very good, much better than the Holiday. One night I had the Prime Rib, it melted in my mouth!!!!

In the mornings we had breakfast on the Lido deck. There was a decent selection of food to pick from, but RCCL does a better job. Lunch time, we picked something from the many restaurants on board. All did a nice job.

One of the down sides to the voyage was our destination. Upon embarkation, we were issued fliers informing us about a tropical storm at sea. We were now changing to St. John instead of Halifax. St. John was pretty, they gave all the women a rose when you came of the ship. They also had a shopping "tent" on the pier. The people in Canada were friendly.

The shows and casino were great. There was an ample supply of slot machines and many tables. The staff was very nice and Simon who is the casino manager made us feel like royalty.

Overall, we had a great time and have already booked our next cruise on the Victory for the end of August (this year). This time we are bringing our daughter with us!!!

Carnival Victory Cruises to Canada & New England
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?