Carnival Legend Cruise Review by billg: Carnival Legend - Southern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Legend - Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: July 2006
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Me, my wife and 2 kids cruised on the Legend on July 23, 2006 along with another couple and their 3 kids. This was my familys second cruise and the other familys first. After reading some of the other reviews I was sorry we chose the Legend and the Port of New York. Boy was I wrong. We had a great time.

We arrived at the ship by car service about 12:15 and were having lunch at the Unicorn by 1:15. The 5 kids with us, ranged in age from 10 to 15 years old. They made themselves at home immediately and by day 2 knew the boat better then any of the adults. By day 4 the 4:00PM Karaoke sessions were their favorite place.

For the first few days the kids got a little board at a big formal dinner. John, our waiter started bringing a big plate of French fries and pizza out when we sat down and that made the kids happy. They also ordered off the menu but a lot of the fancy food got left uneaten.

I went the most of the shows. They were extravagant but not that More great. Watch when you order drinks at the shows. Some how the waitress charged me over $1000 plus $150 tip for some rum drink. It was a good thing my wife looked at the slip before signing it. The waitress was very apologetic. (And we never saw her again)

In San Juan we took the rain forest excursion. It was really just a bus ride. The driver was nice but didnt speak much English.

In St. Thomas we started an excursion to St. John by small boat for snorkeling. As soon as we left the dock the weather turned really ugly and after ½ hour the boat had to turn back. The boat was really tossed around. Everyone on board was thinking Gilligans Island. After the weather cleared we ended up taking a taxi to Megans Bay beach, which was nice.

On Tortola we also snorkeled and swam.

Overall the ship was very clean, the crew was very friendly and helpful and the food was for the most part was great. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>