Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by pencowgirl

Cabin Category: OJ
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

I am an experienced cruiser having done 20 plus cruises. My experience on this cruise was the worst and would have probably kept me from being an avid cruiser if it had been my first.

We boarded in Maui and had to wait in the sun outside for 30 minutes. We are Latitudes members so once we got inside things went quickly. Our cabin was awkward. I was expecting pull down bunks for the kids but ended up with a pull out couch that went from one wall to the other. You had to climb over the couch to get to the bathroom and the steward never folded it up. Our cabin steward didn't make up the room for the first 48 hours and we were forced to reuse sandy towels. We called for towels and were told they would arrive within the hour but didn't. We had concierge service which was great. The sheets were never changed the entire cruise and we had to ask for towels every day. Night time turn down was optional since they were short staffed. We didn't get the cute animals or mints that we look forward to.

Hawaii was great and the ship was beautiful, but service was spotty. I had similar complaints about the dining room. We were not allowed to make a reservation once we found a waitress we liked since we were not a party of 6. The assistant Maitre D' did help us by meeting us nightly and taking us to our favorite table after the first several nights. Waitresses Stephanie and Shauna were the bright spots on an otherwise bleak cruise.

Buffet was pathetic. Even the teenager who will eat anything said the pizza tasted like rubber. Fish was over cooked, French toast was burned, bagels were hard. I did request an official complaint form and was told they don't exist. I left a message for the head of housekeeping, but heard nothing.

We had bugs in the room which I put in an envelope for the chief of housekeeping along with a note, but since we heard nothing I am unsure if he ignored us or didn't get my messages.

Publication Date: 08/25/06