Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by uncaandy: Infinity - Alaska

Infinity - Alaska

Sail Date: July 2006
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

Alaska on the Infinity July 16th 2006. The WORST travel experience I have ever had in 30 odd years of world travel. After the ship docked to pick us up (5 hours late) & keeping us waiting in an exhibition hall (1930 of us) for over 7 hours (having fed us tuna sandwiches). We felt like Katrina victims at the Superdome.

Upon boarding we were NOT greeted by anyone & had to find our own way to the stateroom. Our bags did not arrive at our room until nearly midnight.

Food service a breakfast in the main dining room a disaster every morning. 45 minute waits, cold food, wrong food coming to the table (still waiting for the grits I ordered 1st day).

The second day (still in port) we ALL had to get off the ship to go thru customs(these idiots didn't arrange for a customs official when we 1st boarded).

This was how every day went; skipped ports, never saw the Inside Passage in daylight, no one with any answers, didn't receive my shipboard casino More credit until the LAST day.

The most appalling thing was no one in the Spa asked my wife about any possible medical problems before putting her in an over 100 degree milk bath unattended(not even a glass of water).

The list could go on for pages. My feeling is we were robbed of our vacation by the daily aggravations & inadequate compensation from Celebrity. If you have engine problems DON'T SEND OUT THE SHIP. If you do pay the price RETURN most of my $ for the lost days. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>