Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by rcclcruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by rcclcruiser
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: rcclcruiser
Cruise Date: July 2006
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Rates 5+

Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda
Explorer of the Seas Cruise

Embarkation:

It was fast, easy, non stressful, and flawless. We arrived at the pier around 12:30 and we onboard by 1:00 (sharp).

Cabin:

We were in a Junior Suite Cabin that measured about 250 sq. ft. with an additional 60 sq. ft veranda. Cabin included a beautiful tile bathroom and vanity, a nice size closet, 2 desks and storage areas (versus 1), a nice TV, a mini fridge, a queen size bed with ample lighting, a nice sofa, coffee table, ample lighting, 2 chairs, and plenty of space to walk around. Had an impressive glass window and door to enjoy the view and the veranda.

Ship:

Just beautiful!! The Royal Promenade looked brand new and included ample shops, beautiful art, and great restaurants. There was parades and nightly light shows of the Royal Promenade. Be sure to have your camera ready. We played golf, we climbed the Rock Wall, we enjoy the bars and pubs, we enjoyed the Solarium, but did not use the main pool. The Solarium was beautiful and the food was excellent at the Solarium Cafe and Bar. Overall, the ship was beautiful and brand new.

The Ice shows were fantastic, the theater shows were even better. The bars and lounges were never crowded and were very comfortable.

Service and Food:

The Main Dining Room is just beautiful It is the best I have seen on any cruise ship that is not registered as "premium or luxury." There are not enough good words to describe the service and food. All I can say is that the service and food was great, amazing, flavorful, new, tasty etc. Service was superb and actually friendly. There was a connection between all our waiters and my family. We did, by the way, have a table of 2. Perfect location! I heard the Portofinos was great, but we opted not to go there on this cruise.

Service else where was incredible. The staff knew our names, my likes and dislikes, and we felt like we had known them for years. Ricky at the Concierge Lounge knew what time is went in there, had my drink ready, and was friendly!

Ports:

Bermuda was just beautiful. We rented a car and drove for 2 days. We had a great time! We shopped, ate, and enjoyed very second in Bermuda!!

Overall Cruise Experience:

My overall Cruise Experience was great. I am a Diamond Member (15 cruises so far) and thought that this cruise was in the top 5. I would recommend this cruise to anyone who is in search of relaxation and a touch of luxury.

Publication Date: 08/23/06