Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Mark: Crystal Symphony - USA

Overall Member Rating

Crystal Symphony - USA

Sail Date: January 2006
Embarkation: Other

To start, I may have the cabin number wrong, but, since there was so much to do onboard, and ashore, there was little to do in the cabin but sleep. Anyway, our voyage started with a great bus ride from San Jose, Costa Rica to the embarkation port. A quick, easy pass through customs got us to the gangway where we were greeted warmly and quickly brought aboard and escorted to our room, where our luggage was waiting already. A hostess greeted us and offered a tour of the main areas of the ship, emphasizing the meeting areas, dining areas, and various entertainment venues. Around this time, my father was approached by staff to determine the extent of his special needs. (He is nearly blind, and has severe hearing loss.) The staff informed us that whatever his needs were, they would be met to his satisfaction. And they easily exceeded that promise throughout the cruise.

Next, on to the food. OK, so no one from Weight Watchers was in our group. I say that because the temptations More presented at tableside each meal were simply incredible. From the very start every menu listed options to meet every dietary consideration, and their presentation was superb! Others have mentioned the Lido Deck food area, and trust me (and them), it is well worth a few visits in itself. For one of the final meals, Ice Sculptures and food sculptures accompanied an extravagant spread which was set up in the main gallery to allow maximum access to all.

The staff was well organized and extremely efficient when it was time for passengers to visit the various ports of call. (Antigua, St. Lucia, etc.)

Many of the crew were willing to share their knowledge of local customs, history, or other sightseeing information, making shore time very enjoyable.

Entertainment comes in many forms on Crystal Harmony. I enjoyed the broadway style musical revues, which were first rate. I also spent many hours in the piano lounge, hosted by Mr. Jeffrey Deutch. In addition, there was dancing each nite, first run movies, a "Casino at Sea", a library, computer lab and even a piano lab, complete with classes. There was, quite literally, "Something for Everyone".

Finally, a word about the crew. There are representatives from many lands working hard each day to make every moment of a Crystal Cruise memorable. Whether from the Philippines, or Europe, Japan or the USA, they work together like a finely tuned orchestra,to create a masterpiece worth remembering.

Would I go again? Well, I'll see you in Los Angeles on February 25, 2007. Mazatlan, here comes Mark! Less

Published 08/22/06

1,306 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X