Seabourn Legend Cruise Review by James King

Cruise Date: July 2006
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: A3
See More About: Seabourn Legend Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Seabourn Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seabourn Legend Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seabourn Legend Deck Plans
Seabourn Legend - Western Mediterranean
This was our third cruise aboard the "Legend" and it still lives up to it's name sake. We were lucky again this cruise with an upgrade from A1 to A3, however as I think I have said in the last two reviews that it really doesn't matter which cabin you have on Seabourn, they are all fantastic.

We flew into Barcelona, and from the first cruise experience where BA lost my luggage, we decided to stay two nights precruise in Barcelona at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I. This hotel was great, and the accommodation consisted of a Euro Suite where a twin and double room were provided behind one door.

We got to the ship at 3pm, the designated embarkation time, and found there was no lines (of course, when are there any any lines on Seabourn!) and embarked straight away. We were escorted to a lounge where afternoon tea was being served whilst we waited for our number to be called.

Embarkation took around 20 mins of waiting in the lounge, but this sped past because I found a friend from our last cruise on this ship. We were whisked off to our cabins promptly and started to get into the swing of things early.

My stewardess was great, she was so kind and thoughtful and made the cabin (suite) ship shape at least twice per day. After unpacking I made my way to the bar, where the bartender just said "Mr King, the usual" now this made my day, they had remembered from the last two cruises what my favourite drink was.... now THAT'S service.

The cuisine on this particular ship was far the best food I have ever tasted at sea (in fact better than some landlubbers places I could mention!) the chef was amazing, and also very visible. We went on the "shopping with the chef" tour and my mum asked him for a particular dish, which we went fish shopping for. This was a real eye opener and gave me an insight into how a top chef goes about buying food.

Itinerary was great, although very similar to our first cruise with Seabourn, this didn't matter one iota as the weather, food, drink and company were outstanding.

We enjoyed this cruise so much, that on our arrival back into the UK, we booked a 28 night Christmas/New Year cruise (Grand Voyage) for 2007. Our only discussion was about having a balcony (they are tiny, and unless in the top suites, they are nice, but not worth the extra) and sense prevailed and we booked an A1 cat for the 28 days.

This was the best cruising experience we have ever had, and hope that if you have any questions, you will email me.

Publication Date: 09/28/06