“Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas”
Cruise review of Carnival Fantasy

Debbie Stafford Carnival Fantasy 1 Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas
Debbie Stafford
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my 6th cruise with Carnival, my husband's 3rd , and our 2nd cruise on the Fantasy and it will be our last. We were so disappointed with the cruise and the ship that we considered getting off at Freeport on Monday. Had it not been our 10th wedding anniversary trip and planned for so long, I think we would have.

1. The ship is filthy and in need of much repair. Carpeting is stained and dirty. The public restrooms are terrible and the service personnel do NOT clean them. Both of us noted on several occasions that personnel walked into the restroom, signed the sheet saying they had been there 10 min. and did nothing. My husband left a beer bottle sitting in the restroom by the casino on Mon. night and it was still there on Wed. night. Trash cans were not emptied and toilets were not cleaned. Electric hand dryers did not work most of the time. Why the maintenance men had to get out their scaffolding and replace lighting in the Grand Spectrum at dinner time is beyond me.

2. The food was horrible. The desserts were disgusting. We were seated at Table #178 for the late seating. Our waiter, Campbell, ignored us, got my order wrong 3 out of 4 nights, rushed us through our meals, removing our plates before we had finished, my husband had to ask at least 3 times for a glass of tea. The person sent to open my bottle of wine didn't know how to use the corkscrew and almost corked the bottle. One night I ordered a cappuccino and did not receive it until after everyone had finished their dessert. The floor in the Windows by the Sea area was always sticky and greasy. However, we got better service there than from our assigned table waiter.

3. Bar service is slow and practically non-existent in the casino. We established a relationship with Evanston and whenever he was working, we got excellent service but if he was not around we literally had to beg to get a drink.

4. Photographers left MUCH to be desired. This is the first cruise we have come home without any shipboard photos. All photos taken of us were just terrible - eyes closed, bad positioning, etc. Then we could never find our photos in the gallery........

5. The art auctioneer was lax in getting us our invoice and when he finally did, and I returned the signed invoice, the Purser's office did not know what to do with it. I hope I receive my purchases.

6. When I booked the cruise, I was told we were guaranteed a Category 6A but by leaving our reservation as TBA we would get a minimum 2 category upgrade. In my book 6A to 6B is only 1 category.

7. Nassau Recommended restaurant - Senor Frog's - we were seated and after 10 minutes left because no one came to even take a drink order.

The saving grace was that our stateroom was kept in excellent condition. Carter was a fantastic room steward and catered to our every need. And the cruise was not a total bust. We did meet some great people. The dealers in the casino were wonderful, especially, Brian and Gillian. And we just adored Tyrone and his music!

We do not cruise every year but in the past have sailed at least every 3-5 years; however, due to our current financial position we are looking at sailing at least every year or two. I believe that we will start looking at Royal Caribbean or other cruise lines for future cruises. For us, Carnival no longer has the "Fun Ships".

Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Fantasy Review
Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?