Wind Surf Cruise Review by wam4: Wind Surf - Eastern Mediterranean

Wind Surf - Eastern Mediterranean

Sail Date: June 2006
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Our cruise on the Windsurf was wonderful. Were there one or two things I could pick at? Sure - nothing's ever perfect but I have to say we all left the ship thrilled with our cruise and wanting to go back. The experience was great and we were very well satisfied.

We were a group of friends made up of 3 couples traveling together and all agreed that: - service was excellent, with very friendly and attentive staff who remembered all our first names after our first interaction. - food was excellent a lot of the time and at least good all the time. - cabins were roomy and well-designed; we had room to easily store everything (and we packed heavily).

NOTE: the bed linens and towels were great - they had recently done an upgrade in that respect and it definitely showed (I'm picky about sheets). - the itinerary was excellent with no lame stops. We did an excursion with the boat and a few on our own...all were fun. - the relaxed dress and free-style dining was a really More nice feature...we enjoyed the restaurant but felt like the service in the Bistro was a little better and preferred it.

We were very pleased with just about everything. I did not think the couple who performed in the Compass Rose bar at night were any good (they sang cheesy songs to recorded tracks) until I went at cocktail hour - they sang relaxing songs with an acoustic guitar and were wonderful. I say DROP the tracks. Also, one of the couples in our group was a gay couple and there was no taint of oddness or discrimination on the part of anyone on board at all, I'm glad to say. I HIGHLY recommend Windstar. Less

Read more Wind Surf cruise reviews >>