Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by BTFan

Cabin Category: 4A
Cabin Number: M1
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean
Here is a great benefit of smaller ships and smaller ports. I arrived at the Port around 11:00. Security and paperwork done by 11:15..then had to wait a short time...on the boat by 11:30!

Public Rooms:

Definitely a little 'old school' Carnival..lots of Neon..the Atrium is definitely smaller than the Destiny and Conquest class ships. The Lido buffet was interesting with the Purple tubes..I didn't know whether to call it Alice's Wonderland or Medusa's Cafe LOL. I was pleasantly surprised at how good of shape everything was in for a 10 year old ship..sure there are some scratched fixtures and a couple broken pieces, but no worse than the new ships I've been on.

Cabin:

Can't really complain here..the worst thing I can think of is the color of the room..not big into the salmon color. Had a little sewage odor, but they fixed it up very quickly..the Steward said they cleaned out the shower drain.

Fitness & Recreation:

Didn't check out the Fitness room, but as far as recreation, nothing special...just the usual Carnival Stuff. The CD (don't even remember her name) wasn't obnoxious, but I never saw her...only the assistants. I think she stayed up partying one night as she sounded she just smoked a dozen cigars and had a hangover on the morning announcements one day LOL

Value:

This is where Carnival excels. Easily the best value out there

Dining:

We didn't do the dining room, so I can't comment on that. Dinner Buffet wasn't anything special..I actually wanted the Camp Carnival food..mac and cheese and chicken nuggets! I think RCCL has a better selection and some nights I had trouble finding something I wanted, but I have a shellfish allergy, so that makes it a little tougher..and I could have always asked for chicken over the counter....but I was happy having Reubens from the deli YUM!

Lunch Buffets were great, although more crowded. Loved the daily international cuisine theme line.

Entertainment:

I didn't do many shows, but the Fire Cauchos were pretty entertaining and the comedian, Tony Esposito I belive, was pretty good. I stepped in for the final show and I'd say it's about equal to amusement park shows

Service:

No problems here..Everyone was very friendly

Shore Excursions:

Didn't do any ship-sponsored trips, since I generally like to walk the stores and hit a beach..especially on ports I've never been. I think I'd do the Stingray City tour in the future. Not sure what I'd do in Calica/Playa..but the beach in town seemed kind of crowded

Overall Cruise:

Very good!

I didn't have very high expectations for being on a 5 day cruise on an older ship, but I found it generally exceeded my expectations...and 5 days was a good length for a Western Carib itinerary and it hit the two ports I most wanted to see.

Publication Date: 08/01/06