Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Erika: Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

Sail Date: July 2006
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I went on the Carnival Victory last week with my friend. (We're both 25 year old females.) Embarkation was a piece of cake - just get there about 2 hours earlier than you're leaving the port. We loved our room. It had two portholes, which are much smaller than the real windows, but we also paid for what we got. The ship was nicely decorated (much better than the Carnival Legend, which we took last year.) It was clean and spacious. We did not, however, like the layout of the ship. There were several dead ends, ands you had to go back down or up in order to cross to where you want to go. This happened around the dining rooms.

Speaking of dining, we loved our tablemates, but the food was better on the Legend. It progressively got better, but it wasn't amazing by any means. The Caesar salad was excellent, though, so I ordered it even if it wasn't on the menu. For lunch, we ate at the buffet. The turkey sandwich and bagel with smoked salmon at the deli were both excellent. They More have an omelet station too, which was nice. (I liked that egg whites were a choice.) Our waiter was just ok, but we really liked our assistant waiter, Christian, in the Pacific Dining room. A very sweet man.

As for the shows, they were very professional. They pick guests to perform in the last show, and I was picked, which was so much fun! They treated us like stars! One of the comedians was not funny at all, and I missed the other. We liked The Bestsellers, which was a band playing in one of the lounges - great! Played oldies music until midnight every night. The piano bar, on the other hand, was TERRIBLE! It's too bad because we were really looking forward to the "sing-along" that was advertised, but Greg was not good. He didn't even play the piano.

The casino was spacious but smokey. I suggest taking the craps lesson if you don't know how to play. I learned there and won about $50 playing that night! I also heard the shots were more generous the last night of the trip.

The ports were nothing special - probably wouldn't pick Canada again. The put tour in Halifax, though, was great! Our tour guide was a riot! We loved that one. Plus, you meet a lot of fun people on it. You only get one free drink, though. Also, the drink-of-the-day on the ship is very very strong. Beware! (Very tasty, though!)

Overall, it was a great trip! I might want to try another cruise line next time, but I thoroughly enjoyed both Carnival experiences I've had. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>