Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Virginia H: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I were on the Glory last October,and it was absolutely fantastic. We live in Florida so we drove to Port Canaveral and parked in the lot there and went directly to embarkation. I had printed out the fun pass in advance on the computer, so that process was very quick. We were on the ship and eating the lunch buffet by 12 noon.

We were in our cabin checking it out by 3PM and found everything there to be in perfect order. Then we went exploring the ship and that was an experience in itself, the ship is so beautiful.

Our first stop was Key West, Florida and I just love that place. Living in Florida it was the first time I had been to Key West and we just went to all the shops.

Our "Fun Day At Sea" was just what they say it is FUN. I love the pool activities, they really make it fun. The played the game "survivor" and that was so funny.

Belize City, Belize was a very pretty place. We did your own sightseeing and had a great time. More

Cozumel, Mexico was one place I could do without, I didn't care to much for that. The Basket market was really very hot inside and I would not go out of my way to go back there again soon.

Now back to the ship and all its amenities. The cabin stewards were fantastic, and kept our cabin well organized and we always had a cute towel animal when coming back into our room at night.

The dining room staff that we had was very attentive and made our dining experience a good one. The food in the dining room was good especially the prime rib and lobster. I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted so I got both and I am glad I did. The entertainment the staff in the dining room was fantastic.

The buffet was real good, but they could have a little more variety, seems like they had the same things every day, but we still enjoyed the buffet very much. The chocolate buffet was to die for.

The evening entertainment shows were really nice, that is one of the highlights for me. I love that kind of entertainment. We didn't get to see many of the small clubs, but will in the future.

Disembarkation was ok it was a little slow, considering we were among the last ones to get off the ship, but we entertained ourselves. It would be nice if they couldn't some how have some kind of entertainment in the auditorium for those waiting there.

I am booked on this same ship and same cruise with my sister in law for this October, and I can't wait. This will be her first cruise, and I have been on several, but I thought she would enjoy the Glory ship the most so that's why at my suggestion we are going on that one. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>