Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Joy: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: July 2006
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Just returned from our 3rd Carnival cruise and as they say the third time is a charm. We had 7 families 16 teenagers (13-17) and 13 adults what a blast. It was a celebration of Brandons (17 yrs old) one year cancer free anniversary. As I said this was the third cruise all with Carnival once on Fantasy once on sensation and now glory. We booked over a year ago so it gave me a long time to read lots of reviews and I must say I was a little nervous. People are brutal with comments. Let me put to ease any concerns. Glory is beautiful, the staff is extremely friendly and attentive, the food in the main seating is fabulous, there is a boat load of things to do, and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on.

Embarkation-It was July 1st and Port Canaveral was all a bustle for they thought the space shuttle was going to launch. We were extremely disappointed however when the weather cancelled the launch. What a once in a lifetime advent. We would have had the best More seats in the house from the deck of Glory. Besides the crazy traffic getting on the boat only took 30-45 minutes tops. We were supposed to leave port at 4pm but traffic was backed up on the b line for 3 hours so the boat generously waited 2 hours for missing passengers Thank you on behalf of those who would of missed the boat. That gave us time to navigate the ship so by the time we sailed we were good to go.

Cabins-We opted to get 2 rooms this time one for the children and 1 for my husband and I. This was a great move. Our steward was very efficient and kept the room clean and well stocked. We didnt really ever see him but when we needed something he took care of it. Hopefully he found my husband's cell phone because he left it in the room -- cross your fingers he will find it. We were on the upper deck which was a great spot in order to use stairs because you never had to go more than 3 flights either way. This was the 1st time we decided not to get a window and that was a mistake on our part cuz you were clueless to time of day so next time there will be a window.

Food and Entertainment-Our cruise director was the best ever his name was Greg Hutson. He did a fabulous job and so did the asst cruise director Kelly. The Vegas style shows were good the comedy was good but I must say the other 2 cruises were a bit better. Food in the main seating, pizzeria, burger and fish and chips were fabulous. The red sail room was just ok. Cheesecake was the only item that we all agreed was terrible even the waiter gave it thumbs down and suggested we didnt order it should have listened.

Disembarkation-There was quite a wait when it came to getting off the boat even though we did self checkout. I could see where people would get aggravated and complain. But remember there are 3000 people on this boat all waiting to get off at the same time. Carnival does the best they can so be patient and know that it is the way it is going to be. Just breathe.

Overall-The staff works so hard 7 days a week with little to no time off cut them some slack I noticed in other reviews people get bent out of shape for some pretty dumb things your on vacation take it easy and dont pop a blood vessel. Again they take great pride in their ship it is spotless.

It does take two days to navigate the ship but all the extra walking just means the more you can eat. Chairs on deck were easy to find even on sea days and the kids aboard our ship didnt take over the hot tubs. Now we did rock much more on this boat than ever before so anyone prone to seasickness be sure to take medicine and you should be fine. One last tip the platinum dining is on the bottom of ship in very back and when the boat is hauling at 21 knots you really rock next time we will request the golden dining room. We are already planning our next cruise on Carnival. We can hardly wait. Our family hopes you have a safe happy sailing it will be what you make of it life is to short to nit pick. Stay positive. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>