Carnival Victory Cruise Review by DLTravels: Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

DLTravels
Member Since 2006

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

Sail Date: June 2006
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We traveled from Maryland to New York, arriving around 11 am. Embarkation was very smooth, able to board and be in state room by 12:30 pm.

Since this was our first cruise, we tried to familiarize ourselves with location and destination from the various maps, deck plans we had. Sometimes got stopped because we didn't go far enough forward to get to the place we were going, but saw more things that way also. Had lunch on the Lido deck, food was fine with me and 2 daughters had no complaints.

After going back to the room to settle in and get ready for sailing out of NY, our room steward came by to introduce himself. (all of the stewards on our deck were very friendly and made us feel very comfortable). Our room steward was consistently taking care of our stateroom, and when we left for evening entertainment, had the third bed pulled out and made for my youngest, making towel animals and leaving cookies for the girls.

Food - I don't mind trying new and More different dishes, so the food was fine with me. My concern was with picky daughters. Neither went hungry and enjoyed eating in all the dining areas on the ship. Formal dinner was very nice. The Maitre d' introduced himself and the waiter made a hat out of a napkin for youngest daughter. Plenty of food for us, but I did notice others that requested additional entrees and were readily served.

Girls really like the ice cream, though there were quite a lot of people who would fill cones then drop them in trough below that I thought was extremely rude behavior on their part and the staff could not keep up with the mess being made unless there was one member standing there to clean up after each person.

Entertainment - Went to all, with exception of crew talent night (after day in Halifax, we were exhausted). All the shows we saw were great. My girls really enjoyed them, especially Vrooom! We found the cruise director Dana Hodson to be so funny, yet very informative. My oldest daughter was constantly laughing and told some of his jokes when we got home.

Halifax - Very rainy, windy, cold day. We had excursions booked, and went on them to Peggy's Cove and Titanic. Nice tours, learned things, but would rather do my own sight seeing in better weather. Would have rather been able to go into places than to just ride by.

Pictures - Gotcha! We had our formal pic taken and while I was unaware of this, you don't have a choice as to size. I was expecting the picture that was around $8.00 but that printed the largest at $20.00. Will ask someone next time if they would take for us with our camera.

Stateroom - Was surprisingly roomy. Plenty of space for clothes, ice always filled, steward always making sure everything in place when we got back.

Debarkation - Did self-assist. This went smoothly, as we waited in our room for our deck to be called. Within 15 minutes, we were off the ship and heading to elevators to go to parking.

Pools - youngest daughter thoroughly enjoyed pool and making friends there.

Want to see more of the ship the next time and am currently making a list of what we didn't do that we will get to on the next trip. When we got home and settled back in, I asked the girls what they thought of the cruise and both said they loved it and wanted to go again next year. I them asked where they would like to go and if they wanted to try a different cruise line and both said they wanted to go back to Canada and wanted to go on the Victory again. I am glad they had a good first cruise and we have already looked in the Victory for June 2007. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>