Oosterdam Cruise Review by Jessica: Oosterdam - Alaska

Oosterdam - Alaska

Sail Date: July 2006
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This was our first time cruise. I had expectations yes, but the Oosterdam blew them away. it was so amazing. The luggage program blew me away too. You just leave your luggage and the counter and by 6pm all of your luggage is in your room. and when you get off they color code your luggage and number them so they are in sections by numbers when you want to collect your luggage after the cruise.

The crew did everything they could to help make the cruise as smooth flowing as possible especially our dining steward (Sugi) and our room steward (Aep). I mentioned their names because they should be recognized for their amazing work that they did. I was astounded. The food was amazing! It's different and has a great variety. I left the dining room satisfied every night.

The entertainment was great too.

The off-shore excursions were a major bonus too. I haven't had that much fun since our trip to Hawaii a couple years previous. The trips were More organized and planned to make the transition very smooth, and it was. when you got off the boat the bus was waiting there for you to take you to your destination and everyone was helpful and polite.

To all of the people reading these reviews hoping to get some information on cruise ships to take I HIGHLY recommend the Oosterdam. You will never encounter a better vacation on seas.

All of the reviews about the food being bad or crew not doing what they're supposed to is just people being way too fussy and arrogant. They don't understand that the crew work on the boat 12 months a year straight and most of their wage is from tips and they sleep in small cots, yet they get up and go to work every day with a smile.

The Oosterdam is honestly the greatest cruise ship ever and you're making a mistake to go somewhere else. Less

Read more Oosterdam cruise reviews >>