Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by meld

Member Name: meld
Cruise Date: June 2006
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        Under 3 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Infinity - Alaska

Wow, what a great cruise. I have cruised 6 times, INFINITY, NCL Sun, Radiance of the Seas (twice), Dawn Princess and Regal Princess. I would have to say that all around the Infinity was by far the best to date for me. Great food, crew, itinerary, entertainment, activities and accommodations.

For this sailing I travelled with my 67 year old parents and my 3 year old son. When we arrived at Canada Place around 1130am there was an extremely long line up. I was a little worried as my 3 year old was ready for lunch. The check in process was extremely smooth, with very friendly crew assisting us with each step. My mother is in a wheelchair and there were always extra hands to help.

We were told that the buffet was open for lunch but we could not access our stateroom until 1pm. Once we boarded, around 12pm we were taken to our stateroom immediately which was nice so we could drop off our carry on luggage before lunch. Immediately we noticed how courteous and friendly the crew were. Every crew member we passed had a friendly hello and smile.

The food was amazing, not one bad meal, with a wide variety of options. On our first night we all had dinner in the main dining room but we were quick to realize it was a bit too fancy for my little guy. He did not like the fact that there were 5 courses. Every other night he had dinner with the "Fun Factory", except our date night of pizza and sushi. Our head waiter was very accommodating with every request and by the third night we didn't have to ask for a thing. He knew what we wanted before we could even ask. There was one night I had to leave before dessert as the Fun Factory paged me, and I missed my favourite, Crème Brulee. The following night I mentioned that I was disappointed and he promised he would do everything he could to make it up to me. I wasn't excepting a thing as it was not his fault, but the next night lo and behold he had made a special request and served me not one, but two Crème Brulee's. The other guests around looked quite jealous as it was a delightful dessert. Yes, I did share it with my parents as they too loved it.

The "FUN FACTORY" was incredible. I think they saw my son more in the week than I did. If I wanted to spend time with him besides, breakfast, lunch or nap/bedtime I had to drag him out of there. My son is an only child so he takes every chance he gets to play with other kids. The staff in the Fun Factory were great with the kids. A wide of variety of activities from social, to one on one time, to academics. I was quite skeptical about the kids activities on board as I had read reviews that Celebrity did not have much of a kids program. Absolutely incorrect!!! I actually found it to be better than NCL which had a phenomenal club on the NCL Sun. There was great fun for my son, a ball pit, indoor and outdoor playground, playstation, arts and craft center, mini pool table, mini stage area/with tv for movie nights, plus more. They had a kids talent show which the kids my son's age performed "YMCA". It was adorable.

The evening shows were always a treat to watch. Great entertainment! I did find that once the shows were over there was not much more to do besides go to the Casino as I am not much of a drinker. One night they did have a great Sock Hop which my son loved! The night club rarely had more than 10 people in it, and quite honestly the times I did peak my head in they seemed to be quite wasted.

The weather was immaculate throughout our whole sailing. I don't even think there was a speck on rain. On Hubbard Glacier day it was an absolute sight to be seen. WOW. I highly recommend this itinerary. AMAZING!! The one and only complaint I did have with this itinerary was that we had to tender in both Ketchikan and Skagway which was tough on my mom in her wheelchair. Not to mention the fact that both times it took us about 1 hour to get off, as the tenders were behind. There was chaos trying to get us all off and people were extremely upset with the wait. I did not complain as this was the only fault in the 7 days, which was so minor.

I would definitely sail on the Infinity again and plan to in the near future. Can't wait!

Publication Date: 07/18/06