Carnival Victory Cruise Review by POPPA_DADDYO

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by POPPA_DADDYO
Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: POPPA_DADDYO
Cruise Date: June 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 3.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

My family and I just got back from a Carnival Victory cruise to Canada. We had a good time cruising, but it wasn't great like our first cruise on the Triumph. We encountered a few rude employees, and the smokers really smoked us out in our designated non smoking sections. We were constantly asking Carnival employees why people were smoking in non smoking areas and we were just told they shouldn't be. I found this to be odd since these people were smoking on food decks and in lounges on fabric sofas and carpeted floors without an ashtray in sight. We were told employees could not confront guests and tell them not to smoke. That was the most ridiculous thing that I ever had heard. After hearing this, the thoughts of me entering the galley to help myself to a few dozen lobster tails has crossed my mind since they are saying they couldn't confront guests for wrong doing.

The cruise director Dana was quite annoying on this cruise and appeared to be acting like he had a few too many alcoholic beverages in him, as well as his sidekicks that he hung around with on the ship.

We went to see the band perform and Dana and his fellow employees took over the singing for at least 30 minutes, and once again he acted immature.

We had an excellent cabin steward and an excellent waiter at dinner. But as far as security, they were not much help in enforcing any smoking rules or laws on this ship. I was even snobbed off and snapped at by one security officer when I reported a smoker smoking in a non smoking section. After spending all this money for a family vacation, I really was annoyed by all the cigarette smoke in the non smoking sections and the few rude employees we had to encounter. We experienced none of these things on the Triumph last June. Why have rules and regulations if you are not going to enforce those rules?

Publication Date: 07/17/06