“Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas”
Cruise review of Norwegian Spirit

nomorebocci Norwegian Spirit 4 Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas
nomorebocci
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Embarkation: Got to terminal around noon, parked our car there and sat in rows of chairs for about 1/2 hour. Line moved very quickly and we were on board with no problem. I found the maitre d' of the main dining room and made reservations for a table for 6 at 5:30 every evening for our family of 6. Did you know you could do that with NCL's freestyle dining? You can.

Cabin: good. Asked for egg crate tops for the beds which made the beds very comfortable. Asked for bar of soap instead of using that liquid dispenser. Tip: You can get almost anything if you ask for it nicely. Don't get cabin 6569, it's right under Henry's Pub and you can hear everything, the music, the chairs scraping on the floor, etc. Fortunately we didn't spend much time in the cabin, and we fell asleep right away.

Specialty restaurants: Loved LeBistro and Cagney's. Well worth the extra money. Go the first night and you get 50% off. Activities: We loved our cruise because we took our kids and grandkids. Norwegian Spirit is really geared to young people. The music, the activities on board, the activities director, etc. So as far as my husband and I were concerned, we much prefer Celebrity as they are more toward senior citizens.

Staff: We found the staff to be fine. True, you don't have the same waiter every night. The cabin stewards were very efficient, and the waiters were very good, also. However, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean staff is noticeably "trying harder". I guess because they are personally getting a tip at the end. On NCL the tips are divided between the entire staff. So I feel no one has to go the extra mile. Don't get me wrong, we were pleasantly surprised at how nice everyone was.

Important: If you are planning a cruise, be sure to read the Member Reviews and the Boards before you go. There are so many valuable tips that I found that really helped us (and impressed my kids!) I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. Signed, nomorebocci (Esther from NJ).

Ship: Very beautiful. Very good condition.

Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Bahamas

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Spirit Review
Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?