Carnival Glory Cruise Review by PennyWRN: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: June 2006
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I (both 41 y.o.) and our 13 year old son sailed to the Eastern Caribbean. We arrived at the pier sort of late (about 3:00pm) due to the cruise line's bus delay in departure from the airport. There was some confusion when we boarded. We booked a guaranteed inside cabin (the least expensive, since we don't really care where we sleep), but somehow we were upgraded to an outside stateroom on the Spa deck! There was no balcony, but a huge floor to ceiling window, and a nice big cabin. No one could tell us how we got this, but it was great! The beds were really comfortable, with nice sheets, pillows and down comforters. Very Cozy!

The ship is nice, clean and well kept. Our cabin steward was Ida, who did a wonderful job. I'd read that this ship is hard to navigate, but we were comfortable and able to find everything we needed by the first evening. There was a little rocking of the ship, but no worse than any others that I have been on.

The food was good, More not great. We loved the grille, the deli, the pizza and the ice cream. The dining room food was pretty good,but again not great. The dining staff was friendly enough, but service was slow at times. Hey, it's a Carnival Cruise. If you want gourmet food, you'll have to spend more for a higher end cruise line!!

The soda cards are not worth the money, unless you drink A LOT of soda. We each got one, but would not do that again. The lemonade, fruit punch, tea and coffee are included in the price, and they're self serve. Alcoholic drinks are average price, maybe a little overpriced. At the bar by the pizza station there is a bartender named Edwin who is terrific!! Very friendly, and makes a pretty good cocktail!

Entertainment was decent, the Marcus Anthony show was a blast! The comedians were pretty funny too. My son had a blast! Met lots of kids his age, did not want to leave! The teenagers do tend to run a little wild, but don't blame that on the cruise line or the kids,blame the parents! I guess some are just glad to be rid of the kids for awhile. We let ours run some, but we kept an eye on him too.

The shops on board were okay,again nothing spectacular. The casino was pretty lousy, not much winning going on there! The staff was friendly for the most part, no problems there. The spa is nice,had a massage,and used the gym. Keep your eyes open for the special deals the spa has. I got my massage on a port day for $79, a very good price! All in all a very pleasant vacation and a great value.

Will most likely cruise with Carnival again if traveling with our son, but will probably go with RCCL or Princess for just my husband and myself. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>