Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by mjkcj1

Norwegian Spirit
Member Name: mjkcj1
Email: julieg@friedlandergroup.com
Cruise Date: June 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas

Since we live right outside NYC, getting to the ship was easy. When we arrived at the terminal, our bags were taken and tagged very quickly. My advice would be get there early, the line was very long already @ 12:45. Some people chose to take some bags along with them on the line. They were dropping them along the way holding up the line. Nudging these people did not help!! Someone dropped their lap top onto my sister's toe! All in all we were on the line for about an 1 hour.

Once the embarkation process was done, we were welcomed right on to the ship. There was plenty of drinks and food waiting for us. When we went up to view our cabin about 2:30, our bags were there. We had a cabin on deck 11, I would recommend it to anyone. The room was a nice size and very bright.

Just a quick note, the people next door and our bathroom were below the basketball court. The pounding of the ball was quite noisy especially in the early morning. Our cabin steward and assistant were so nice and a pleasure to deal with as the same with the staff.

The ship was nice, not very big but very nice. He had an Asian theme and beautiful sculptors. The dining at Shoguns (Japanese) was amazing!!! Henry's pub & Raffles were awesome as well. We did not do to much activities, just hung around the pool and drank and ate and drank and ate. Lots of fun!! The night club and casino was great, my sister won $900 off Roulette. We celebrated the night away.

We did one Shore Excursion, Fun & Sun Day in Florida. Too Hot to stay at Coco Beach so we headed back to the ship. The Bahamas were nice but we were not there long enough to really explore it. There private island was an ordeal in its self.

The weather was awful. We were told to go back onto to the tender to go back on the ship. Well the rain and the waves were quite scary. As we were finally ready to get off the tender, one of the staff members lost the rope to the gangway. The gangway started to hit the side of the ship. Between the wind, awful rain and the gangway incident it was not fun at all! They opened up the next morning to go to the Island but after the ordeal the night before, my Sister & I chose to hang out on the ship.

The staff, cruise director, the asst cruise director and bartenders were all amazing. What a fun energetic crowd to hang out with. We had a blast!! My sister Kelly is in her 20s and I am in my 30s and I would recommend this cruise to anyone who wants to have a great time! Hi to Jess & Patty!! They were soooooo much fun!!!! JACK!!!!!! I would highly recommend express disembarkation, we were off the boat by 9:15 and home in Westchester by 9:50!! If anyone has any questions about the ship, you can email me @ julieg@friedlandergroup.com

Happy Sailing!!