Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by lobshuk

Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: lobshuk
Email: lobshuk@msn.com
Cruise Date: June 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Norwegian Dawn - Bahamas
Sailed out on June 17th . We are 2 sisters around 50. We met at the airport and took a cab to the port. Got right on the ship around noon. It was very busy since there were 3 ships in port.

While in Bermuda, we took a bus to the beach for $8.00 round trip. The beach was beautiful. Waves were huge. The private island was great too. Nassau was ok, but we didn't have that much time. We took a cab over to Atlantis. The aquarium was great. Lost in the casino. It was loud!

Never ate in the main dining rooms. It was very loud. The buffet was so so. Went to the special restaurants. Sushi was great, the others were fair.

Our room was an inside cabin. It was fine. Not in it much, just to sleep. People were nice and friendly.

Entertainment was great. Very talented. Enjoyed Quest!!! People do go nuts.

Now the casino!!!! They need help. I was at a 3 card poker table and the pit boss came over to a man at our table. She informed him that he owed them $15 back from a hand 3 hands back. She said tapes were reviewed. I had never seen anything like this before. She was rude and treated him like a criminal. He was playing $15, $15, $15. yes $45.00 a hand. He did nothing wrong. If he was paid wrong I felt it was their fault. Later that night they came after a man for $5.00 at craps. This made others and myself feel very uneasy. Do they have the right to do this? They didn't offer to show any tapes. A $20.00 mistake they made, if this was true. We played in a few tournaments. Those were really fun. They did a good job with those. They should have them every day.

Well I enjoyed cruising and I'd probably go again. I've tried RC and NCL, liked them both. Food was better on RC. I'm now looking for a cruise for over Thanksgiving. Hope this was helpful.

Publication Date: 06/29/06