Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by jep617: Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

jep617
Member Since 2004

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2006

This was my 2nd sailing onboard a Voyager-class ship and 4th cruise with Royal Caribbean. The Explorer is a beautiful ship and extremely clean. They do a wonderful job of upkeeping these ships.

We had a Promenade cabin on deck 8. The promenade staterooms are a very nice change from the normal inside stateroom. The cabin had adequate space and storage for the two of us. I would book this category again if price were an issue.

Service was great onboard the Explorer. Our dinning table was situated right next to the Captain's table. To our surprise we were invited to have dinner with the Captain one evening. (Quite the experience!)

The food was good to excellent in the dinning room and the Windjammer. The desserts were great! However, I did find Johnny Rockets to be much better on the Mariner, but still a fun dinning experience. I also enjoyed the Windjammer a little bit more on the Mariner as well.

The entertainment was great, as always, except for More the 2nd comedian. I didn't take a liking to his type of humor. The Ice Show was outstanding. Allan Brooks, the cruise director was extremely personable and very funny. "The Quest" was tons of fun - probably the most fun of the ones I've participated in.

The fitness center onboard is great. The Spinning Class offered for a small extra fee was Great!! What a workout! I definitely recommend this class to those trying to stay somewhat in shape during their vacation! ;-)

All of the crew onboard the Explorer were very friendly, fun and most helpful. This keeps me coming back to Royal Caribbean every time!! Thanks RCCL! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>