Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by nomorebocci: Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Bahamas Cruises

Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas

Sail Date: June 2006
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Background: Our group was my husband and myself, daughter & son-in-law, grandson 21 and granddaughter 19. We booked 3 cabins.

I had read all the NCL Spirit reviews and the Roll Calls, so I had a lot of good tips and it sure helped. First of all, reading such negative reviews had me worried. It turned out to be fine. We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise and my family did too. Even though we much prefer Celebrity (we have cruised many times), NCL was very good. It does, however, cater to a much younger clientele than Celebrity, and that's why we wouldn't take an NCL cruise in the future.

Embarkation was very smooth. We drove to NYC, parked right on the pier, and went on board very quickly. The ship was beautiful. Very well maintained, clean and decorated very nicely. The cabins were fine, BUT.....Cabin 6569 and 6567 are located right under Henry's Pub. The noise and banging and chair scraping was very bad. Don't book those cabins.

We're not used to More that many kids racing around, but in general it didn't bother us. The bingo was very expensive. Trivia was fun. Music everywhere very nice. Staff was attentive and polite. No problems there.

Dining: I found the maitre'd in Windows as soon as we went aboard. I requested the same table for 6 for every evening at 5:30 pm, and had no trouble getting that. Our family went right in and had table #73 right in front of the large windows. We went to Cagney's the first night with our 50% coupons. It was very nice and worth the extra few bucks. But then a couple of nights later we went to LeBistro. That was fantastic. Food delicious, waitress great. It was my daughter's birthday and they brought out a large cake and sang to her.

As far as the main dining room food, it was just as good as any other cruises we've been on. There was always a nice variety, and they brought my grandson 2 entrees each night. Even a platter of extra lobster tails. By the way, almost every request on this entire cruise, was granted with a smile. Just ask politely and they were very accommodating. Raffles was very crowded at certain times, but we went to breakfast around 7:30 am and there was plenty of room. Lunch was a mob scene, better to get stuff around the pool.

Shore Excursions: Kennedy Space Center tour was very exciting. Kind of expensive, but it was 7 hrs. We didn't do a tour in Nassau, just walked off the ship and found a driver who took us everywhere, even to Paradise Island and Atlantis, for only $20. The Private Island was the best. So beautiful and the buffet was good. Tenders went back and forth very often.

Entertainment: The shows were pretty good. Comedian very funny, singers and dancers fine. My husband signed up for the talent show. He is such a good singer. He received the most applause.

Disembarkation: We signed up for the express disembarkation and were off the ship and into our car in a half hour.

All in all............everyone had a wonderful time and I would definitely recommend this cruise. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>