Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by NItenursestat: Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Bahamas Cruises

Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas

Sail Date: June 2006
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Wow! We just returned from our 6 day cruise to the Bahamas on NCL Spirit. This was my second cruise and my boyfriend's 1st. We drove up to New York from Delaware which was ok, but the directions from the Lincoln Tunnel to the pier and then from the pier were a bit confusing.

Once at the pier it went nice and smooth. Everybody was so nice and friendly. We got on the ship in less than an hour and our luggage was in our room before we embarked. The rooms were nice and clean. The bathroom was bigger than I expected in a cruise cabin. The Stewards were wonderful and always friendly and helpful.

I took the shore excursion to Cocoa Beach with my 8 year old daughter and we spent the day in a great swimming pool that had a fantastic children's pool and great pool side grill that had out of this world Crab Cakes. It was a Holiday Inn and I would love to go back there. The beach was a little further to walk and my daughter just wanted to get into the pool. It was very hot out More and I have seen Cocoa Beach before, so I took her to the pool. They did have some nice activities planned for the kids on the beach but we didn't want to stay too long in the sun.

The terminal at Port Canaveral was excellent. Again...everybody so friendly and helpful.

We went back on the ship and went to a few shows. They had a great comedy show with Ed Alonzo who also was great with magic tricks. We laughed our butts off. LOL. My daughter laughed louder than anyone. He was so funny I cried.

I did lose some money in the slots but it was a nice place to sit and play for a few minutes. I'm not a big gambler.

The Bahamas was great. The family went out for a quick shopping spree. We felt a little bit rushed that we had to be back on the ship by 2:30 but we got some nice souvenirs from the local craftspeople. I love the straw dolls.

We were supposed to have a nice beach party on Great Stirrup Cay but as soon as we got over to the island it started pouring. That ended short but we were amused by the comedians sitting amongst us who kept us at ease while the tender was rocking wildly side to side. LOL.. The party was postponed till the next day. I skipped it because I was afraid to go on the tender again but now I wish I had gone. Next time I will go. They seemed to have so much fun on that island.

The food was great and there was plenty. LOL. I mostly ate at the Blue Lagoon and Raffles. One other thing I missed was the chocolate buffet. We waited in line fore a long time but it seemed like it was never going to end and people kept coming out with plates full of great looking chocolate deserts. I had enough. I couldn't wait any longer. We got out of line and went back to our room. I don't need the chocolate that bad. LOL. We ate a chocolate bar we bought in the gift shop and that was great.

The pool temp was a little warm for us but we had loads of fun in the pool. They had pool-side music and shows. My son had a ball dancing to the music at the pool. The Cruise director, Ricky, was outstanding! He was so amusing.

Hats off to all of the NCL crew and the best Captain! Thanks for a wonderful experience and for being the great caring crew that you are! I can't wait to sail with you again! Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>