Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by airgirl

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: airgirl
Cruise Date: August 2005
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 1.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Norwegian Dawn - Eastern Caribbean

The adults on our cruise had a nice time, however the teen/preteen program left much to be desired, especially since we went on the Carnival Legend the year before. In our teen/preteens eyes, the offered program simply did not measure up. The teens/preteens were fairly miserable, and the issue seemed to be with a no nonsense "Nanny 911" type consular running the entire operation. She would have been delightful for the younger set, but did not seem to know how to run a teen program. After the Legend, with 2 cool Australian "dudes" running the teen program, I must say, the teens/preteens were very disappointed and refused to attend. When we went to talk to Nanny, she had a very stern personality and attitude, and we could instantly see what turned off the kids - heck, I wouldn't have gone! We have cruised quite a few other lines (Disney, Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival) and I would say, the vote from the kids was this was the worst. Other than that, it looked like a nice program for the 10 and under set.

From the adult standpoint, the food left a bit to be desired.  We ate in the regular dining room and had several poor dishes, most notably rubber lobster in a horrid sauce on Lobster night.

I missed the lack of exercise classes. I am not one who enjoys doing it on my own on a machine. I think there was 1 class a day at inconvenient times.

The shows were very good, however I missed the raunchiness of the midnight shows on Carnival.

I would say overall a bit stuffy for us!

On positive side, the ship was beautiful and the rooms were very nice.

Publication Date: 09/14/06