Carnival Valor 5

“Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

David West
Member Since 2006
18 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Flew out of Jackson, Mississippi,to Dallas, and then onto Miami, on Saturday. No problems at all. Once in Miami, took cab to the Holiday Inn downtown. Very nice Motel, clean, and has very friendly personnel. Enjoyed the sights of Miami, and the Bayside Market place. Bayside has a lot of eating places to choose from. Got up Sunday morning, and enjoyed a nice breakfast there at the Motel. The wife wanted to go check out some more sights, and take some pictures.

Checked out of the motel around 10.30, took a cab and proceeded to the Port Of Miami. Arrived there, dropped off luggage,and went to the terminal. To my surprise, there wasn't that many people there yet. Got in line and went through security. That went very quickly, and then on up to see the Carnival reps. We had filled out all paper work, long before we left home. The Carnival rep actually thanked us for having everything filled out, and ready for. All this took very little time, and before we knew it, we're headed More toward the ship. The port of Miami, has got to be the most efficient port we've been to. We were onboard and headed to the Lido deck for lunch, by 12.00 noon. And I must say, this is a beautiful ship.

First stop - Nassau, Went to Atlantis, and the Straw Market. Atlantis, was very nice. I wouldn't mind spending a few days there. The Straw Market was so packed and very hot ! There's no-way you could shop. So we left. You could hear a lot of thundering in the distance, with a very dark cloud approaching. So the wife and I headed for the ship. Luckily, we made it back before the storm hit. I felt so sorry for the crowd waiting to board the ship during this bad storm. They had nowhere to go, but to stand there, in line, and board the ship.

Sea day- Nothing but R & R for us today. St. Thomas- Very beautiful Island! Pictures do not do it justice. Did some sightseeing, and the wife got to shop from downtown to HavenSight Mall. On my next visit, I must go to St. John. Several people on board went there, and have nothing but great things to say about it.

St. Maarten- Toured both sides of the Island, and some of the back bays. Very beautiful Island.

Sea Days- Had 2 wonderful sea days in a row of nothing but R & R. Miami- Sad to say, its over. I will truly miss this ship.

Debarkation, we had a delayed start on debarkation. Something was wrong inside the terminal. (So they said.) But once it started, it went smoothly. Took Carnival's shuttle to the airport. Had a 11.45 flight to Dallas. Which we barely made. I mean barely. A very nice American Airlines personnel, took us(several bus loads) to a separate line, and processed us. If not for that, we would've missed it for sure. On our next flight,I will take a much later flight. The airport is so crowed, with incoming,and out going passengers. Over all- wonderful cruise, exceptional service! Less

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Published 07/06/06

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?