Pacific Princess Cruise Review by slotl: Pacific Princess - Asia
Overall Member Rating
Pacific Princess - Asia
Just completed June 15, 2006. Pacific Princess Beijing to Bangkok, 16 days.
I highly recommend the Princess Pre-Cruise 9 day package which consists of tours of Beijing, flights to Xian to see the Terra Cotta Warriors, flight to Chongching to pick up a 3 night riverboat cruise thru the Yangzee River including the Three Gorges Dam. Return flight to Beijing to tour and pick up the ship. This pre-cruise package is a DON'T MISS EXPERIENCE
Excellent food and service. Very intimate ship carrying only 690 passengers. Very few small children, but some teens and young adults traveling with their parents. I would highly recommend this ship and it's itinerary. But.....there were some "flaws".
1. The ship does not display fresh flowers, all arrangements are silk, also you cannot order flowers to be delivered to your room unless they are pre-ordered.
2. The ship does not lauder and dry clean. There is one laundromat consisting of 4 washers and 4 dryers. More
3. The bedding is in serious need of an upgrade. The pillows, blankets, and sheets are way past their prime.
4. The draperies and slip covers are frayed and colorless and the chair coverings in the main lounges are need of re-covering.
5. The beauty salon does not do acrylic nails (only regular manicures and pedicures). The beauty salon also does not do any face or body waxing. I found this to be a problem for a 16 day cruise. Less
Read more Pacific Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Princess Review >>
Our Worst Cruise Yet
50th birthday cruise l wouldn'...
Pacific Eden to Indonesia
Don't choose Pacific Eden for ...
One of our all-time favorite c...
Through the Panama Canal on th...
Sailing to Australia
Cruise out of this world, not ...