Carnival Glory Cruise Review by caviargal: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I chose an 8A aft balcony for this cruise, based on my positive experiences with this cabin type on other lines. Disappointingly, the balcony was no larger than the standard balcony and their was a noticeable vibration in the cabin while we were sailing.

Ship overall was not well laid out and you could completely cross the ships on only specific decks. Decor was not as loud as on Fantasy and Inspiration, but not particularly pleasing.

The stadium style seating in the pool area made for overcrowding and congestion and this same crowding was also a problem in most public areas. There were infants in diapers in the pool and I tended to stick with the aft pool on days when I stayed aboard.

Food was ok overall, excellent in the Supper Club where we dined three nights of seven. It was well worth the premium for a quiet dining experience with great food and service.

In the main dining room, service was not very good and we had to constantly ask for More water refills, coffee, bread, etc. Food was served lukewarm on two occasions and sent back. None of my requests for sauces "on the side" or completely left off could be accomodated. I did not enjoy the music and dancing in the dining room nor did I enjoy listening to long and extended annoucements while I was trying to enjoy my dinner.

The buffet lines were hopelessly long on sea days and simply not worth the effort. Personally, I found the selections laden with fat and salt.

Wines were overpriced and twice in the "wine bar" I was served spoiled wine at $9 per glass.

The public areas are poorly ventilated and smoky. Bars were simply awful.

My cabin was kept clean and tidy by my room stewardess for which I was grateful as I spent more time there than on any of my previous cruises.

This cruise was most definitely not one of my favorites. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>