Carnival Glory 3

“Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

caviargal
Member Since 2003
13,923 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I chose an 8A aft balcony for this cruise, based on my positive experiences with this cabin type on other lines. Disappointingly, the balcony was no larger than the standard balcony and their was a noticeable vibration in the cabin while we were sailing.

Ship overall was not well laid out and you could completely cross the ships on only specific decks. Decor was not as loud as on Fantasy and Inspiration, but not particularly pleasing.

The stadium style seating in the pool area made for overcrowding and congestion and this same crowding was also a problem in most public areas. There were infants in diapers in the pool and I tended to stick with the aft pool on days when I stayed aboard.

Food was ok overall, excellent in the Supper Club where we dined three nights of seven. It was well worth the premium for a quiet dining experience with great food and service.

In the main dining room, service was not very good and we had to constantly ask for More water refills, coffee, bread, etc. Food was served lukewarm on two occasions and sent back. None of my requests for sauces "on the side" or completely left off could be accomodated. I did not enjoy the music and dancing in the dining room nor did I enjoy listening to long and extended annoucements while I was trying to enjoy my dinner.

The buffet lines were hopelessly long on sea days and simply not worth the effort. Personally, I found the selections laden with fat and salt.

Wines were overpriced and twice in the "wine bar" I was served spoiled wine at $9 per glass.

The public areas are poorly ventilated and smoky. Bars were simply awful.

My cabin was kept clean and tidy by my room stewardess for which I was grateful as I spent more time there than on any of my previous cruises.

This cruise was most definitely not one of my favorites. Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: May 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children

Published 07/07/06

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?