Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Mary Magan: Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean

Mary Magan
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2006

I just returned from the Triumph on 5/20/06. This was my 1st cruise & won't be my last. I was absolutely thrilled with the cruise. I don't know how anyone could complain or expect more when every morning someone shows up at the time you requested with a smile, a nice greeting, coffee, juice, fruit & danish/bagel.

The room steward (Litto) was excellent, room was always cleaned every time we left & returned, bed turned down at night with a cute little towel animal & chocolate left for us to enjoy. He also kept our ice bucket full all the time.

We had cabin 7207 on the Empress deck, it was the most forward balcony cabin you can get. We were right under the bridge on the starboard side of the ship, I did not feel any more motion there than any other place I was on board. However, the balcony did not get much sun due to the bridge over it. that was fine with me, I am not a sun worshipper. The room had plenty of closet & drawer space for all of our More things. The bathroom was a nice size & the shower always had HOT water.

We had the early dinner seating in the London dining room & our waiter Harry & his assistant Ronald were great. They always were attentive & upbeat. The food (the choices I made) was very good in the dining room. As for the buffet, the food was as good as can be expected for steam table food. The lines for the buffet were usually a little long in the beginning, but if you waited for a while, they were not as long. You know it is like anywhere you go that there is a buffet, the mad rush in the beginning & then not so crowded.

The pizza was not what you would get at home from your local pizza shop (I live in Philly), but it was very good & served 24 hours as was the soft serve ice cream & yogurt. The Asian Noodle Bar & New York Deli were both excellent. The meat on the sandwiches was always very fresh & lean, and if you like Ruben's, you must have one it was great. The oriental food is not your local taste, but very good.

The drink of the day was always very tasty & remember, if you buy the 1st one in the souvenir glass it is $6.95, but you get the glass refilled for $5.95 or buy one in a regular glass for $3.95. Oh, and if you have the BAR COUPONS they will take them for the refill price & they never added anything to my S & S card for the difference.

The shows that I saw were good, the magic show by Kevin & Caruso was EXCELLENT ! I did not get to go to all of them but heard from others they were also very good. The ship has plenty to do if you chose to do so, but we did not get to do everything so I can't comment on all the activities.

As for shore tours, we did only 1 through Carnival in Grand Cayman. We did not get to go because the authorities in port would not let us tender due to rough seas. Carnival returned our fees as ship board credit & gave us $25 each as a credit also for the inconvenience, which I thought was nice since it was not even Carnival's fault that we could not tender. We did however DOCK in Cozumel and were the only ship in port that day. We also docked in Jamaica. They were both nice to visit but VERY HOT, so make sure to take water with you. We are not water sport people so we just got a van & driver at both piers and had them take us on a tour of the island for about 3 to 4 hours. The cost was $25 each person & the drivers were both very good.

If you have any questions feel free to ask & I will answer them the best I can. Overall, I absolutely loved the cruise & the Triumph was great, I would sail on it again in a heartbeat! Oh, there is a wonderful waitress in the bar on the 3rd floor named Kanitta, if you see her, tell her Richard, Edward, Mary Kay & Jodi say hello. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>