Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by cowboycruisin

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by cowboycruisin
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: cowboycruisin
Cruise Date: May 2006
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        10-12 5.0
        13-15 5.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean
This was mine and my wives third cruise. Second time with RCC. And our kids first. We had a great time!! Royal put us up at the Doubletree Hotel the night before our cruise. Nice hotel for the most part...The pool was very green. Hard to tell were the grass ended and the pool started. So, we did not use the pool. (yuck) My fifteen year old son and I used the workout room. It was nice, a bit small. But, we were the only ones in there, so it was okay. When we checked in the hotel staff gave us cookies, that were still warm. That was nice after traveling all day.

The bus ride to Galveston, was nice. Plenty of room in the bus. We got our own seats to sit in. The a/c on the bus worked great. Make sure that you take something to drink while you are on the bus. Because they do not offer anything. It takes about one and half hours to get to the ship. Boarding was very fast. It took longer for the bus driver to find a parking place, then it took for us to board the ship. We got to our stateroom and it was very clean, and nice. It did not have a refrigerator in our room. So, I called the information desk, and asked for one. It was in our room, when we got back from dinner. The next time we cruise with our kids I will check into getting a larger room, for the four of us.

The first two days sailing to Jamaica, was fun. I got in on the belly-flop contest at the pool. I won first place!!! It was painful, but very fun. After winning the contest it made me very popular on the ship.

Our first stop was in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We booked the Dunn's River Falls Cruise & Dolphin Cove excursion. When they got us off the ship it was warm and very humid. It took them a while to get all the buses arranged. So, we had to stand there in the sun. With no shade. We were soon on the small boat heading to Dunn's River Falls. It was fun, they played some Jamaican music, very loud. We all had a good time getting there. My daughter got her hair braided on the way. This made it very easy to take care of her hair for the rest of the trip. The Falls are very pretty. Make sure to you are up to a extensive climb. But, fun!! Also, make sure you take an underwater camera. Because you are going to get soaked, from head to toe. The Dolphin Cove was pretty. But, I wished that we could swim with them. After the excursion, we went shopping. The people there offer you a lot of "smoking pipes." We want to shop for clothes. So, be sure to take some cash along.

Our second stop was in George Town, Grand Cayman. Here we booked the Stingray City Swim & Snorkel. This was very fun. Make sure you take your under-water camera, one for everyone in your party. The rays were amazing!! The people in George Town were very nice. It is a beautiful town. Nice shopping.

Our last stop was in Cozumel, Mexico. We did not book any excursions there. We just wanted to shop. It was just like any other tourist town in Mexico.

Everything on the ship was good. The food was good. The service was great!! The Kids Club was great. The only thing that I had noticed, that the windows needed to be cleaned more often.

All in all a must do cruise!!!!

Publication Date: 06/26/06