Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by WS1965: Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii

Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii

Sail Date: May 2006
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: San Diego

We took a 14 night cruise from 5/7/06 to 5/21/06 round trip from San Diego to Hawaii on Royal Caribbean's "Radiance of the Seas." This was definitely one of the best cruises we have taken. The ship was beautiful and the food was fantastic. We loved the captain, Captain Lokling, who spent a lot of time mingling with the passengers and gave us opportunities to take pictures with him and to get autographs. On some of the past cruises I have taken, I don't even remember meeting the captain once.

Our waiter, Kapil, was awesome. He met our every need and after the first night, knew what we liked and we didn't have to ask for it. Our cabin steward, Andri, was also awesome and met our every need.

The itinerary was really good although I would have liked to spend 2 days in Maui and didn't go to Kailua Kona. But overall, we saw a lot and loved the islands.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the entertainment. There was really no big name celebrities and some More of the shows were boring. The ship's dance & singing group was terrific. I wouldn't have minded seeing them every night than some of the entertainers that they had.

The excursions were really good too. We did "Tubing the Ditch" in Kuaui which was fantastic. It was like a lazy man's river and it was very relaxing and the guides were awesome. We did the luau in Oahu which was horrible but the show was good. I would definitely recommend this ship/cruise line to anybody that's interested in cruising. We met a lot of wonderful people who we quickly became friends with. We loved this ship so much, we booked Panama Canal next year. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>