“Pride of Aloha - Hawaii”
Cruise review of Norwegian Sky

Julie Williams Norwegian Sky 4 Pride of Aloha - Hawaii
Julie Williams
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We chose the Pride of Aloha for our first Hawaiian cruise because of the great economic value. We had a cabin with a porthole. We loved looking up at the stars at night and watching as we came into each port by morning. Our cabin steward (Sylvaina) was a dream and went the extra mile over and over to make everything special.

Our favorite meals were the lobster at the Crossings and seafood at the Pacific. The strawberries flambe' were a treat at the Bistro, and the desserts and shrimp scampi at Kahili were great, too. We tried every restaurant and found the Hukilau buffet breakfast helpful when we were in a hurry to disembark.

We pre-rented a car for each port so avoided decisions there. At each dock there was a spot for rental car vans to pick you up and take you to your car. They would bring you back when finished (be sure to find out their closing times to the dock). The Hawaiian ambassador was informative and helpful. He gave hula lessons, lei making classes, and other Hawaiiana info.

My time on the ship was spent in these classes and also whale watching. My husband and I spotted 60 whales, spouts, flukes, babies breaching, etc. on the day we cruised past the NaPali cliffs. The ship split a pod and one cow and her calf did some spectacular breaching for all to see. That was what I came for, and I was not disappointed. We spent a lot of time watching the volcano eruption from the ship and from our room. That's something special. We did a helicopter tour, but what we saw from the ship was about as good. We can't wait to go again!!

Norwegian Sky Cruises to Hawaii

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sky Review
Norwegian Sky Cruises to Hawaii
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?