Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisedude23: Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

cruisedude23
Member Since 2005

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 2006
Destination: Bahamas

My mom and I took a weekend cruise (19th-21st May) to the Bahamas. We arrive a couple of days prior and stayed in North Miami Beach. We rented a car from Thrifty and when we returned it at the Miami Airport, we took the free shuttle to the port.

EMBARKATION: It took about 30 minutes from the time we got off the shuttle and opening the door of our cabin. In other words very quick.

CABIN: Very small, 2 per cabin is quite enough, I don't know how people can get 4 in one cabin. We had an inside cabin, if you're a little claustrophobic, I suggest one with an oceanview.

SHIP: Though older and smaller than the other ships, it was a quite enjoyable. Did not have to wait for elevators, shops were nice, casino was fun (even have a Texas Hold 'Em table) bars were everywhere, I especially like the one adjacent to the casino, it has windows, giant screen TV to watch sports, nice gym also.

DINING: Windjammer cafe (buffet) was good, not excellent. The Main More dining room food was very good, no lobster though. Captain's dinner was excellent. Midnight Buffet looked good, I was stuffed from dinner so I didn't eat but the people seemed to enjoy it.

ACTIVITIES: All the same activities as the other cruises, bingos, art auction, games...you will not be bored.

CHILDREN'S CLUB: We saw it and the kids seemed to enjoy it so I guess it was good.

SERVICE: Numero Uno! From the waiter to stateroom purser, casino dealer to bartender, they always remember your name and served you with a smile.

ENTERTAINMENT: Didn't care for the comedians, the music show was enjoyable.

SHORE EXCURSIONS: COCO CAY was the best! beautiful beach, plenty of beach chairs so take your time in the morning. Since it was a private island for RCCL, if you forget to book an excursion or renting a mat you could do it on site, use your sea and sail pass...BBQ lunch was absolutely delicious :chicken, burgers, salads, fruits, dessert...

NASSAU : Very Expensive, since mom wanted to go to the beach, we took a cab to Paradise Island where the friendly cab driver drop you at the public beach 5 min drive from the boat (5$/person). Renting 2 chairs and an umbrella was 45$!!! Yikes! Went back to the boat for lunch around 2PM before going shopping around. Love Del Sol store.

DISEMBARKATION: Woke up at 6H20 AM last day so we could have breakfast. By 8AM we were out of the room. They did not call our color tags until 10 AM, so it was a long wait.

We had a really fun time , but it was too short, but for less that 300$ per person, it was a bargain! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>