Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by scoot&terria

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by scoot&terria
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: scoot&terria
Cruise Date: April 2006
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
First time cruisers  We stayed at a local hotel in Miami on Saturday night. It was nothing to write home about, but it worked. We took a taxi to the port as it was faster than waiting for the hotel shuttle and cost the same. We arrived at port around 11am. We got right in and had no trouble with any lines. There was a short wait to board due to extra cleaning of the ship, which was fine by me.

Boarded around 12 or 12:30. Had lunch in the Windjammer cafe. We at breakfast and lunch here almost everyday. The food was good considering they had to fix it for 3,000 passengers. The pizza was excellent. I did, however, get tired of the same old items for breakfast, but I am not complaining. We always were able to find a table to sit at which I found amazing considering there were 3,000 other people on this ship.

Went to our stateroom around 2 pm. Very nice and spacious, I thought. We had a balcony room. It was a very good choice. We were on deck 8. Right in the middle between the Windjammer and the Dining Rooms and theatre. We only had to go up or down 3 flights to get where we needed.

We thought all shows were excellent. We attended them all. Ice show was phenomenal. Explorer singers and dancers were very entertaining. The comedians were OK. The Temptations group was great! We also enjoyed the Love and Marriage Show and Quest

As far as things to do on the ship, there were plenty. We tried a little bit of everything&Bingo, casino, name that tune, spa, gym, basketball, putt-putt, ping pong and rock climbing. My husband also entered the belly flop contest and won! What a hoot!

As for the ports of call: Puerto Rico  very dirty city, not too impressed except that we did do the Rainforest excursion and that made us overlook the appearance of the city. It was quite beautiful. St. Maarten  ok if you are a beach bum type person. My husband and I are not beach fans, so this port was just so so. St. Thomas  very beautiful, clean. Good shopping. We did the BOB excursion and loved it. Very cool. I highly recommend it. Nassau  pretty as well and seemed pretty clean. We had been here before so we just decided to spend our time there at Senor Frogs!

The RCCL staff was very kind and courteous. We felt like we were taken care of quite well. The ship was awesome and very clean and well kept. We will definitely travel on RCCL again. Only suggestion I would make is that they include soft drinks as part of the inclusive price. We did not buy the package and are not big soft drink people, but I think that Royal Caribbean could win some points here by including them. Just a thought.

Publication Date: 06/05/06