Carnival Glory Cruise Review by devlshways: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2006
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Our first cruise was wonderful! We arrived at the terminal at 10:30 and were on the ship by 11:15. We had an inside cabin, #6241. We were very happy with the size of it. We brought way too much luggage, but everything fit in the closets, and we stored the empty suitcases under the bed. Our cabin steward was Whit, and the 2 people he had working with him, Lu & Dewa were wonderful! We left a comment card about Dewa, recommending they promote him to cabin steward.

On day 2, I tripped on the last step of a set of stairs near the aft pool and sprained my ankle pretty good. The infirmary staff is wonderful. They took X-rays, put on an air cast and other than a deposit for a cane, they didnt charge me anything. The sprain put a little bit of a damper on the trip, but other than some nightly swelling and pain, I tried my best to suck it up.

We had coffee and Danish delivered to our stateroom each morning. We did the dining room thing the first night, but werent More impressed, and after the ankle incident, decided it was best not to try and wear dressy shoes. We didnt go to any formal nights either, so I cant comment on them. We chose to eat from the buffet, the grille and the fish and chips. All were very good. We also ate the pizza, but it was just ok. We also were not very impressed with the chocolate buffet. I really think they either need to hire a pastry chef.

We went into town in Nassau, but other than a little shopping, we didnt do a lot. We did a snorkeling shore excursion in St. Thomas. We had booked it advance, and we were going to cancel it, but Ivana at the Shore Excursion desk convinced us to go ahead with it. She refunded my portion of it, and gave me a VIP pass. Very grateful for that, because I wasnt going to be able to wear the fins to snorkel. I was able to go in the water, and we both enjoyed the trip a lot! It was the Castaway Snorkel.

Customs went very quickly for us.

St. Maarten was beautiful. We took a cab with another couple to Orient Beach. It was very hot there, so we spent a lot of time in the water and loved every moment of it. We also saw several nekkid people, (not the supermodel kind fellas) and we were not the least bit uncomfortable with it. We also saw a couple of very elderly men in thong Speedos. not a pretty sight.

The seas were rough for most of the trip, but it didnt bother us. The cruise director, Mark Price is very good and quite funny. His assistant Kelly also did a wonderful job. There was something going on all the time for everyone. We chose a good time of year to go because there werent many children, and those that were there were very well behaved.

By the way&. we figured out on Friday, that when youre waiting for the elevator, if you hear one ding, its going up, if you hear 2, its going down. Just a tip. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>