Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Angie

Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: Angie
Cruise Date: April 2006
Cabin Category: 12
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Millennium - Eastern Caribbean
This is my second cruise on Celebrity, my first on the Millennium. In April of 2004 we were on Century for a Western Caribbean tour. Of the two ships, I have to say Century was much nicer, even considering the fact that it was older. Don't get me wrong, Mill was incredible. However, the boat is definitely showing some ware. The pool area is looking extremely tired. There was one broken step near the pool - very dangerous. And, the public areas on the Mill were no where near as clean as century. I am a neat freak, and I pay particular attention to detail. The cleaning staff is visibly not as efficient as Century. This includes the stateroom attendant, Jorge. He was terrible. In fact, we did not even tip him the suggested amount. With those few nit-picky things, I have nothing else bad to say.

The food was unbelievable. My fiance is very particular when it comes to food. We both loved all of the meals we had. There is something for everybody. All of the food in the main dining rooms is excellent. The buffet food is great, as well. And, you have to try the hamburgers out by the pool. They are very good. I ate at the Spa Grill one day, and the food was very good there, also. I cannot say one bad thing about the food.

With the exception of the stateroom attendant, the services is outstanding. Our waiter, Viorel, was great. We seen him around the ship throughout most days, and he was very attentive. It did not matter that he was not in the dining room. My aunt travelled with us, and her favorite dessert is butter pecan ice cream. Vio made sure she had it each and every night. In fact, he saw us up on deck 11 getting us some sun one day. The next think I know I look behind us and he is bringing her ice cream in the middle of the day. We gave Vio the extra money we saved by not rewarding Jorge for his poor service.

The entertainment was ok. Coming from someone who is very easily entertained, don't feel bad if you miss it. The casino is very nice. I didn't win a penny, but I really didn't intend to. The table minimums are low, and the atmosphere is great. Don't miss Cosmo's up on deck 11. Super fun! There is always something going on there. Try Bingo at least once. Again, I didn't win but it was worth the time and $20.

You could not help but appreciate all of the locations we stopped. I read a lot of complaints about Dominican Republic. This is by no means the nicest stop, but it is still beautiful and interesting to see their culture. I did the Bahia Beach Break. I thought at first it was ridiculous to spend $44 to go to the beach, but it was well worth it. There is not much to do on your own, and I'm glad I spent the money. Puerto Rico is beautiful, and you can't go to the Bahamas without seeing the Atlantis and Paradise Island. Don't miss it. And, don't miss the Buck Island Sailing excursion in St. Thomas. We had a blast, and it is more than worth the $59pp. There is not one thing I would change about the ports of call for this trip.

Publication Date: 05/12/06