Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by firefighterhoop

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by firefighterhoop
Carnival Conquest
Cabin Category: 1A
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
Carnival Conquest 4/30/2006

This was my 16th Cruise, 2nd Time on Carnival. Overall had a great time. Just so you know, I am a 24 year old male.

Embarkation  Got to the pier around 1045am. There was already a 100+person line in front of me, and it just kept building. They started to let people through security at 1120, and when I got through security around 1140, I went to the check in counter where there were about 25 computer stations, but only 7 people checking people in, so I sat in that line for 20 minutes, and then got to go sit in the chairs until the picture line got shorter (Which you can not bypass), got my picture taken, and made it on the ship around 1220.

Ship General Impression  The ship seemed very clean, and nicely maintained. However, trying to find a public restroom on the ship was a challenge as there werent that many, and the ones that were there, were hidden fairly well. Also, I noticed about the public restrooms, they werent maintained very well, and all smelled like a port-a-potty!

Another thing I noticed is at about 4pm, Carnival started to shut down the upper decks  by removing deck chairs and making it seem like you were supposed to be somewhere else on the ship.

The decks above the pool decks were very plain  and some not used at all just open space  come on! Put a mini golf course or something else in. They had shuffleboard, but we could NEVER find the equipment, or anyone who looked like they may run the sports on board.

Cruise Director/Activities  Our cruise director was Todd, very Very funny and nice guy. I wouldnt mind sailing with him again sometime. Monday (1st sea day) was the Mens Hairy Chest Competition, as well as a few other pool games, Tuesday(Second Sea Day) Was Survivor and Battle of the Sexes. Tuesday night was the deck party  which honestly was the best I have seen in 16 Cruises. Friday  Last Sea day was a few other games, and game shows. They did do a spoof on deal or no deal, as well as the love and marriage game and some other things.

Food  Buffet was not as good as I have seen on Royal Caribbean or Princess. Very limited selection, and Desert was a joke, only 2 selections?? The lines during breakfast or lunch easily reached 15 minutes. They have 4 serving lines but I never saw the 4th one open all week. Dining room food seemed mass produced = therefore, some day was good, some day over done and some day undercooked. The pizza place and deli were really good. I did not try the seafood or Chinese restaurants.

Entertainment  Great! obviously the 2 LV Style shows, 1 ventriloquist, 1 magician, and 3 comedians, and 1 blues singer. We had 3 late night comedy shows (Which I wish all cruise lines had more of  so I was really happy with the 3 adult shows)

Formal Nights were Monday and Thursday.

Im not going to comment on the ports, as that has been done over and over already.

Internet - The most expensive I have seen on a ship  75cents a minute!

Overall I had a great time on the Conquest! The staff and entertainment were great, with the exception of The Carnival Vacation Club sales people, They reminded me of Anyway, they would come up to you in the halls every time you passed!

Would I go on Carnival Again? Yes!

If anyone has any specific questions, please email me at hoopster3145@yahoo.com