Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Jaime S.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Jaime S.
Carnival Legend
Carnival Legend
Member Name: Jaime S.
Cruise Date: April 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Legend - Bermuda
I booked a group cruise in the Carnival Legend to take me to our wedding in Bermuda. We had 8 cabins booked and 18 people traveling. This is a combination of everyone's recollections.

The seas were very rough the entire cruise, which I know can't be helped, but it still was unpleasant.

For one of their newer and bigger ships, things happened that shouldn't have.

To start with, our sail & sign cards were never activated, we had to go see the pursers desk to have them set up, even though we gave all the information at the desk before we even got on the ship.

Then there were charges to 3 of my guest accounts that they didn't purchase.

There was a photographer who was nasty when asked for directions around the ship, and worst of all--a bridesmaid had GLASS in her salad at dinner!! They "corrected" the issue w/ free champaign....not good enough--she broke her tooth!!

Missing shore excursions b/c of being told to go to the wrong place, the dining room giving out the wine I ordered for the 4th night on the 1st night and giving out 1 cake when I ordered 3.

They took us to Bermuda for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. All the shops in Hamilton were closed on Sunday, most of my guests traveled to Hamilton to find an abandoned city. Very disappointing that the ship didn't tell us this.

It was just a poorly planned cruise all together all the way down to having to pass through immigration before leaving the ship in Rhode Island..understandable but, b/c of the line to get through immigration then waiting for a spot on the boat (the cruise ship was anchored in the middle of the bay--smaller boats had to take 2,000 people to shore)we didn't get to Rhode island until 1:00. I have many many more complaints, but you get my point. Everyone was disappointed with the Legend.

Some positives, it's a beautiful ship. Lots of places to just sit back and enjoy the atmosphere. For the most part, they handled the many issues w/ a satisfactory outcome. Photographers took great pictures, spent lots of money on them. And the staff was very friendly to my 16 month old niece my sister had brought along.
Publication Date: 05/02/06