Costa Magica Cruise Review by jpohlmeyer: CostaMagica - Bermuda

Compare Prices on Costa Magica Bermuda Cruises

CostaMagica - Bermuda

Sail Date: April 2006
Destination: Bermuda

The embarkation was crowded and slow at 12:00. I had to return to my car for a camera and returned at 3:00 and there was absolutely no line. I would recommend just arriving later and avoid the hassle.

Our cabin was nice and at midship. However, we found out the first night that we were above the grand lounge, which played music until 1:30 AM every day. It sounded and the vibration felt like the band was in our cabin.

The ship was fully booked, and no other cabin available. Sleep was impossible. We talked to others on our deck with the same problem.

On the third day, I saw a couple disembark and spoke with them and got their cabin number, 1326. I went to the service desk and later managed to get moved to 1326. This was a nice window cabin on the first deck.

The food was fair and the selections rather ordinary. The lobster night was a half of lobster, which amounted to about four bites. A friend had a fish dish one evening and received a special More knife(?). I watched her trying to cut the fish and struggling. She gave up and had the veal Parmesan, which she said was even worse. The desserts were mediocre and not presented on a tray to help with the selection. All of the crew and staff were great as I have usually found on my cruises.

The entertainment was exceptional. We enjoyed the shows. We did not care for the size of the ship. At some point, you have 3,000 people trying to do the same thing at the same time, board, go ashore, casino, buffets etc... We had a great price, but I would not recommend this ship. Less

Read more Costa Magica cruise reviews >>