Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by John Swierczewski: Norwegian Sun - Eastern Caribbean

John Swierczewski
0 Post

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Sun - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2006

I will make this short w/o a lot of fluff. The Norwegian Sun, narrow beam and tends to react badly to rollers. Any time we were going into them they had to close the pool due to the water surging back and forth.

The cabins, deluxe with balcony were great and the cabin attendants great. The pool, as usual on most ships, has too many guests and no enough space for lounge chairs for all. Well, too bad I guess the early bird gets a good location.

The disembarkation process is slow and uneven, plan to stand in line and wait a lot. To compound the problem you cannot hear announcements inside the cabins.

Don't be surprised when you get your bill if it is loaded with service charges. Everything is very pricey, 11 to 12 bucks for a special drink is too much. The main dining rooms, eating is a important pastime, menu are mediocre and the food unexciting for the most part. The pay-more-to-go restaurants are better but not up to other cruise lines.

I would More have to rate NCL at the bottom here. Entertainment was very good but hampered by poor angles of viewing. The Star Dust theater NEEDS to be rebuilt so you can see what is going on. Freestyle dining is OK but I missed the personal attention and formal approach to an evening meal. Too bad society has gotten into the KFC and Burger King mentality. We have forgotten that eating can be an event and there is an art to the presentation of food.

All in all I would rate this cruise, in comparison to ones on RC and Princess as only fair overall. Of course the bottom line is, no I wouldn't cruise with NCL again when I get get more of what I personally like elsewhere. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>