Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by gsc2006

Norwegian Spirit
Norwegian Spirit
Member Name: gsc2006
Cruise Date: April 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: IB
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Norwegian Spirit - Bahamas
We have been on about 6 cruises. After booking the spirit, I found several extremely negative reviews -- and I honestly considered canceling the trip. My wife and I traveled with our six children (ages 5 to 14)and we had two staterooms. We decided to "brave" the Spirit, and we are delighted we did. I realize that most people who have a good experience don't take the time to write a review -- and people who have had a bad experience want to tell the world about their misfortune. And after reading some of the negative reviews, I can't believe how picky and negative some people can be.

This boat is lovely. The employees were cheerful and extremely hard workers. And the dining on the boat, while not the best we've had, was very pleasant and often terrific. We are a family that travels often and we are used to dining at higher end restaurants and staying at 5 star hotels. This ship does a great job of caring for guests.

I would, however, suggest that Norwegian mellow the music at times -- particularly mornings on the aft decks. I've had enough Gloria Estefan by midnight -- and don't need it at 7:00 am. A little quiet would be appreciated.

The rooms (we had two inside staterooms) were efficient and comfortable. The public areas were beautiful -- especially the Galaxy of the Stars. I exercise regularly -- so I wish that the spa and health club were a little larger -- but they were adequate. My kids simply refuse to participate in kid's club type activities, so I can't comment on that aspect of the ship. It seemed relatively well organized -- although the staff in charge of the 13 to 17 year old group seemed a little sulky. Perhaps that relates well to this age group...

In all, I'd encourage anyone worried about cruising this ship to go without hesitation. We loved cruising out of New York, too. What a great value and tremendous way to share time with your spouse/family. God Bless to all. GSC

Publication Date: 04/20/06