Carnival Pride Cruise Review by CAPTAIN TEW: Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: March 2006
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Embarkation: My wife and I drove down to Long Beach the day of departure. I had hoped to get there early and tour the Queen Mary, but we arrived around 11:15. so we just gave our baggage to the porters and got into line. The line started moving right away and we were on board by 12:30.

Stateroom: I had the stateroom decorated for my wife's birthday, so she was happy. The room was very adequate and roomy. The best part was the balcony. We spent many evenings out there watching the sunset.

Ship common areas: We liked the layout of the ship. It was real easy to get around, and miss the congested areas (casino). The Shows were entertaining. Some we liked more than others but we tried them all. The buffet food was very good except the scrambled eggs? The dinning room was all right. I had expected better, but it was edible and enjoyable. The service staff was wonderful, everyone was helpful. We did eat at David's and that was delicious. I ate too much! More

Activities: There was so much to do or not to do, that is what is so nice about cruising. This was a vacation to relax and get away from the kids and unwind. So we did not do a lot of the activities available.

Shore excursions: PV- weather was very humid it felt hotter than it was. We went to Paradise Village Resort. The beach was beautiful here. We had use of all of the facilities here at the resort, the pool was great for kids. After this we took a taxi down town, and walked around and did sight seeing. That night we took the Sunset Pirate Cruise. This was very fun, very much a booze cruise. All you could drink (and many people did). The food was very good Shrimp and Steak. The pirates put on a show with fireworks and fighting. Mazatlan- Here we did Randi's horses. I can not say anything else that has already been said about Randi and her crew. You will not be disappointed with this excursion. The horses are great and know where they are going. Riding on the beach with nobody for miles is unbelievable. After Randi's we shopped in the staging area at the pier. Cabo- We just walked around the town. At the cabo Wabo there are a lot of vendors in front and restaurants. We had nachos and 4 beers for $10.00. Can't beat that price! Shopping I would say was the best in Mazatlan. In Cabo the prices were a little more expensive. Cabo is very clean and more modern of the 3 cities. We enjoyed Cabo the most.

Disembarkation: It went really fast for us. We were off the ship and in our car driving home by 10:45

Summary: This was a terrific vacation and we are planning our next one with all of our kids next year. The best part of it was meeting new people from different cultures and countries. A vacation is what you want out of it in my opinion. The food may not have been the best but it was better than my cooking! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>