Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ER+JU

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 6A
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

We have just come back from our third cruise two days ago. We are party of four with my wifes brother and sister-in-law. We arrived via US Airway through the Air/seat program of the cruise line. The Orlando Airport Carnival staffs were extremely helpful. It only took us less than 10 minutes to get on the bus which was waiting right outside of the airport. I think our bus was the last 30+ passengers to be on board. It was very fast.

I have cruised twice on the Victory before with balcony. I was just 3 minutes too late to get the last balcony at cabin 8201. Inside cabin is a lot smaller than I expected. Anyway I was having a good time just the same. Definitely, I will book for a cabin with balcony for sure next time. Compare with the Victory, Glory is a bit lighter in color. I find its a bit too simple and flimsy looking. But the wall paintings at each staircase are very well done. The Platinum Restaurant Oriental Plum Blossom wall motif is too Americanized Oriental painting. Personally speaking, it is not very good.

Food is super everywhere on the ship. At the Emerald Restaurant, the $30 extra is well spent. It will take you at least 3 hours to enjoy the dinner. Services are nicely presented. All I can say is DO NOT MISS TO DINE AT EMERALD AT LEAST ONCE. We had dinner mostly at the Platinum dinner room. We all have 2-3 starters and sometimes two main courses. Our Head waitress Ilidko and Team master Mile are very hard working staffs. We left them something extra on the last night. Buffet at the Red Sail restaurant offered a lot of varieties and the Fish and Chips on the upper level offer very good dishes. The seafood chowder is wonderful.

Our room housekeeper was all right but the team was not as attentive as the Victory team. Our room was 8310; it is in the middle of the ship. Very easy access to the 9th pools and buffet. But it is right under the pool. If there was a poolside party, you would hear the music and people jumping and dancing on your ceiling until 1:00 am. Do not choose these 8th floor mid-ship cabins. It is very noisy.

The entertainment at the Amber Theater was very enjoyable. I just realized that all the dancers are actually the same group staffs at the Bingo, at he gangway directing traffic etc& It is a multi-task job. Mark Price the cruise director is very talented. We will not forget the welcoming night star of the ship Wanda for the jokes and skit. What a lovely lady and talent show.

We booked the Horseshoe snorkeling at the Belize port of call. We were booked for 12:30 pm for a 4 hours tour for coral reef and the stingray. The boat was late for 45 minutes. It took us about 40 minutes to get to the first stop and we only stop for about 25 minutes and then it took us another 30 minutes to the stingray site. We only got to see the stingray for about 15 minutes. It was almost 4 pm. We just managed to arrive at the ship 2 minutes before set sail time. It was ill managed on the tour. It was not worth for the $81 per person. I still think the Stingray tour at the Cayman Island is the best.

Costa Maya was nice. We just got relaxed on the beach next to the pier. There are 3-cruise liner stop at the same pier. It was a beautiful sight. The last two nights at sea was a bit wavy. Although it is our third time on a cruise, we still purchased a lot of photo that we took at numbers of photography station. Make sure to go to the grand piano background station. I forgot the name of the photographer. But his technical skill is one of the best on the cruise.

Disembarkation was very fast. I sometime still feel the floor is moving. Cant wait until our next cruise with my kids. It is really a good family vacation. It is additive.

Publication Date: 04/18/06