Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Bob Costa: Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Bob Costa
Member Since 2002

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2006

.....If you read my last cruise review concerning the Costa Lines, you would wonder how we would ever want to cruise again? I must say that we have cruised in the past 12 months 8 times, and mostly with favorable reviews except the last one on Costa Lines. This one that we just got back from was one of the best, if not the best cruise we ever experienced, aboard Royal Caribbean: Explorer of the Seas.

Folks, if you are looking for an out of the ordinary cruise, with exceptional waiter service as well as cabin stewards, look no further. I can;t say enough about the service. Just imagine yourself in a 5 star hotel, that's the best way to describe it.

The food? The best the cruise industry has to offer. Always served hot and right!

Entertainment? Second to none. You would swear that you were in Vegas with the shows and entertainment aboard. Embarkation, was unbelievable. Easy on, with no waiting and no hassles.

I would remiss if I didn;t mention the More cabins. Cabins were large for a veranda type. Complete with hair dryer, lots of closet space, neatly situated couch with coffee table, and comfortable bed. In the bed department I have to admit that Carnival Cruise Lines has it beat. But Royal Caribbean, comes in a close second. Cabin stewards were always there to supply, and tidy up your cabin. Folded towel animals, are becoming the rage of the cruising industry, and Royal Caribbean is no exception. After a few days they become part of the decor that you start conversing with.

Embarkation? Last year Royal started the conveyor belt system, like the airports use. I have to admit that it works with the airlines since they may only have to use it for perhaps 300-400 people at a time. but with a cruise ship that carries up to 3000 passengers, I think I would rethink this type of system. Too long a wait for searching for the Dark Blue cloth luggage. Ever try and search through at least 1500 pieces of Blue cloth luggage? And all have the same idea, to try and make it different. Doesn;t work friends~

All in all, I would have to say that this was the very bestest cruise we ever went on. Only down side was the fact that we chose to cruise on the days of Spring Break and intercession. That was the MISTAKE! More kids than I would prefer to travel with, and parents who could care less about what their kids were doing. Other than that, Royal Caribbean rates as a top contender for Cruise Line of the Year~ Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>