Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Lisa

Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
It's been a year since we took this cruise, but the reviews on this site are so helpful to others that I figured I'd add mine. Forgive my lack of *too* many details, though. Time makes you forget some of the little things. Haha.

This was our first cruise - the 4 night Bahamas cruise. My mother got it for us as a Christmas present. I was really nervous because it was my first REAL travel experience, and I was a little overwhelmed prior to leaving.

Embarkation was an absolute BREEZE!! We got to the port early, where our luggage was taken right to our cabin for us. I had followed the instructions in our documentation to the letter, so we were able to check right in and board immediately. I was happy and relieved to see how easy it was!

Our cabin was a bit on the small side. We were on deck 2, and we had an oceanview cabin with a small porthole. Really though, it was just a room for sleeping, keeping our stuff and getting ready to go *wherever* - so the size didn't bother me. I'm glad we got the small window though, because I think an inside cabin would have been difficult to wake up in - not knowing when the sun was up, etc. Every time we left our cabin, we returned to find it immaculate, with a different towel animal every day!

Food wise, I was very pleased. We ate at the buffet, in the main dining room, and at the Windjammer. We wanted to try it all - and everything was wonderful. I've been vegetarian since 1994, and I was very pleased to find that I had options everywhere, every time! Our waiter in the main dining room was an absolute joy. The food was just as delicious as it was beautiful, and the service was very impressive.

Each port of call was a blast, and the times we were there couldn't be beat. (I've noticed some cruises that are in port at very odd times.) In Cocoa Cay my boyfriend did the waverunner thing, but I had overindulged with the drinking the night before, so I spent that time being lazy in a hammock and sipping some iced tea while listening to the band. I felt fine by the time he was finished with that, so we went snorkeling for the rest of our time there.

In Key West, I did the Butterfly Conservatory excursion, then just walked around and mingled while he did the fishing thing. We met up at Sloppy Joe's where we lost track of time and almost missed our boat! Hahaha. In Nassau we did the straw market (which wasn't all I had expected it to be... quite frankly, it looked like everyone that was there was selling items from the Oriental Trading catalog). Then we took a cab to Paradise Island where we got a boat ride to Blue Lagoon island and swam with the dolphins. If you want to SWIM with them DO NOT book the ENCOUNTER excursion through RCCL!!! We went directly through the company on our own, and were able to actually swim with the dolphins etc. It was AMAZING!!

In the spa, we each got massages once and did the "Chakra Balancing Capsule" about 3 times each. That thing is awesome! I think it's 20 or 40 minutes in the capsule is equal to 4 hours of sleep? Anyway, we would stay up in the casino til it closed, sleep for a few hours, get up and go in the capsule and then go about our day! You're a little groggy at first - like just waking up, but I swear it helped us squeeze more "awake" time into our vacation!

In summary, we both enjoyed everything about this cruise. Every employee was friendly and helpful. Every port of call was both fun and relaxing. The only regret we both have, is that we spent so much time "exploring" the ports and doing excursions. So we felt we missed out on some of the things the ship itself had to offer. We're going on a different cruise next month, and we made sure that this time we had some "days at sea" to be sure we had time take full advantage of the ship.

Publication Date: 04/14/06