Regatta 5

“Regatta - Central America/Panama Canal”
Cruise review of Oceania Regatta

JIMNSUZY

Overall Member Rating

An excellent cruise! Boarded the ship in Miami, Embarkation was fast and efficient. Staff was very courteous and helpful. We had no problems with any staff member on the ship.

We were scheduled to go ashore at Playa Del Carmen, but the sea was too rough. Could not dock at Cozumel because of hurricane damage. The weather is the weather in this case and Oceania refunded the money for tours in these ports. Ports and tours were good to excellent.

The food was excellent in the Tapa buffet and in the Polo Grill, But the food in the Main Dining Room was not to my taste. It may have been excellent to someone else, but I didn't care for it.

The cruise director, David Shermet, was one of the best I have ever encountered. He always had time to stop and answer questions, and would go out of his was to be helpful.

Even though the ship is a mid-size vessel, I found it to be as roomy as the larger ships we have cruised on.

We booked the B category More stateroom with the outside balcony. The room was a bit small, but not a problem.

Disembarkation was a breeze and went very smoothly. Off the ship and into the bus after clearing customs without a hitch. We will cruise this line again. Less

Regatta Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America

Published 04/14/06

Read Cruise Critic's Regatta Review

Regatta Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?