Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by teachergoincrusing

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by teachergoincrusing
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: teachergoincrusing
Email: debern@swbell.net
Cruise Date: March 2005
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean
This was only my second cruise. The first was last summer on the Mariner of the Sea. It was so great that we book on board for Spring Break. I'm a teacher so I knew there would be lots of kids. We selected the Rhapsody of the Sea because friends we were traveling with had sailed on it before and said there were many benefits to a smaller ship.

Overall the cruise was good. The activities, food, and staff were wonderful. However, the ship is old and is shows it age. Three nights the water was off from 2-5AM for repairs. On Friday morning there was a major problem, a steam pipe broke and the sprinklers when off. Several in our party of 15 had to get off the ship in Cozumel. They were taken care of, however, those of us left on the ship were not. We were next door to the damaged area and for 2 days we were inconvenienced with the noise of repairs, smells from the debris that was removed, and all around lack of concern by ships officials. I understand their first concern was the passengers without cabins, and they were taken care of quickly and somewhat professionally. I can't say that we were!!

My general opinion is that this older ship needs to go to dry dock before its scheduled date of February 2007. When we left the ship another fully booked cruise was scheduled to depart. The smell of the damaged hallways were musty. I had complained about musty smells early on--and so I believe this ship has had other "plumbing problems" in the past.

Publication Date: 04/12/06